Why become a member? ×

What would You do ?

nilorius

2 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

I really, truly, don't understand. I gave you a rational answer, and then another rational answer to your posted reply. Where did I go wrong, enough to start your stuff about 'bad things happen' or whatever..? From then on, it makes no sense to me. It may be me, of course, but I think I have a basic knowledge of English (although I'm in France...), and am well used to posting on forums in many languages (but not Latvian, I'm afraid...). Please believe that we are in good faith, trying to help when we can, in a spirit of goodwill and harmony (with a little humour from time to time...). There is never any need, or advantage, in replying in sharp terms. This is not 'my opinion'; it's the way this Forum works, and works well. Are there any problems with that..?

Es tiešām, patiesi, nesaprotu. Es sniedzu jums racionālu atbildi un pēc tam vēl vienu racionālu atbildi uz jūsu ievietoto atbildi. Kur es kļūdījos, pietiekami, lai sāktu jūsu lietas par "notiek sliktas lietas" vai ko citu..? Kopš tā laika man nav jēgas. Protams, tas var būt es, bet es domāju, ka man ir angļu valodas pamatzināšanas (lai gan es esmu Francijā...) un esmu labi pieradis forumos daudzās valodās (bet ne latviešu, es baidos ...). Lūdzu, ticiet, ka mēs esam labticīgi, cenšamies palīdzēt, kad vien varam, labas gribas un harmonijas garā (ik pa laikam ar nelielu humoru...). Nekad nav nekādas vajadzības vai priekšrocības atbildēt asiem vārdiem. Tas nav "mans viedoklis"; tas ir veids, kā šis forums darbojas un darbojas labi. Vai ar to ir kādas problēmas..?

Then we finally understand the problem, i just didn't want You to think that i made this thread only just for my own problem. I named it as simple as possible. I thought that ''ME'' will not be mensioned in those answers at all. I was just wondering about the situation when it did or will happen to some one. Maybe You are right for me,explaining the thread at start point. Anyway - better let's be friends here !!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, nilorius said:

Hello!!!! What would You do if You order your likebel bass from company in net (amazon, sweetwaters, reverbt, etc), but when You recieve it - it sounds owfull for You and and You don't want it anymore ? 

Ah, come back, your local friendly music shop, all is forgiven!

• Like 1

Given that this pertains to legal protections for purchasers, which vary according to where in the world you live, there is not very much point in asking on here if you live outside the UK, where BC is based. We will try, as Dad and others point out, to offer helpful suggestions, but we cannot give you a definitive answer. BC has some members who live outside the UK who may be able to offer useful advice, although there are not a great number of them.

If that is not satisfactory to you, I'm afraid there is little more we can do. You need to seek legal advice that applies where you live - Latvia in your case.

• Like 3

Latvia, being part of the EU, is also subject to distance selling regulations. 

"In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind."

This won't apply if it's a custom bass ie, made just for you, and the seller must be in the EU.

On 24/01/2023 at 18:15, nilorius said:

Hello!!!! What would You do if You order your likebel bass from company in net (amazon, sweetwaters, reverbt, etc), but when You recieve it - it sounds owfull for You and and You don't want it anymore ? 

A friend of mine used to run a drum shop. People would go in, try everything, ask advice, and then go and buy from an online shop because it was a dollar cheaper. Now there's no local drum shop, and the punters complain they can't try anything out. 

Buy online and you don't like it when it arrives, there's a surprise! 

• Like 3

On 27/01/2023 at 09:06, Boodang said:

A friend of mine used to run a drum shop. People would go in, try everything, ask advice, and then go and buy from an online shop because it was a dollar cheaper. Now there's no local drum shop, and the punters complain they can't try anything out. 

Agreed, Three music stores closed in Kent's biggest town. I didn't realise last one closed months ago. I would go and buy small things every now and again. I bought amp, guitar, endless strings, picks, etc. Feel sorry for them, really down to earth staff and the owner. 

Two other that closed a few years back had impressive stock of amps , speakers, drums , anything you wanted. if not in stock ordered it. Real shame and sad times.

On 27/01/2023 at 22:06, Boodang said:

Drum demos 10 pound per hour, free with purhase of a drum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nilorius said:

Does it starts again ? 🤑

Spoiler

It's a joke; in English 'pound' is the local currency (GBP...), but also a verb, synonyms to beat, to strike and more, so 'pounding' a drum. A beat ('pound'...) of 10 beats per hour is a very slow beat indeed. It's a play on words, a popular and frequent use of the English language; I can understand that it doesn't always translate very well. I frequent a German-based Forum, and I very seldom understand the (translated...) humour there. Is it indeed humour..? I wouldn't know, so I just let it pass. :friends:

4 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Hide contents

It's a joke; in English 'pound' is the local currency (GBP...), but also a verb, synonyms to beat, to strike and more, so 'pounding' a drum. A beat ('pound'...) of 10 beats per hour is a very slow beat indeed. It's a play on words, a popular and frequent use of the English language; I can understand that it doesn't always translate very well. I frequent a German-based Forum, and I very seldom understand the (translated...) humour there. Is it indeed humour..? I wouldn't know, so I just let it pass. :friends:

😄

• Thanks 1