Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would You do ?

nilorius

In addition to what Dad just said:

The retailer must refund the original outbound postage (or their minimum normal postage cost, if you chose a higher-priced option).  Some shops try to subtract this postage amount from the refund, but push back and they will refund it (if you need to quote some legislation to them, it's the Consumer Rights Act 2015).  Similarly, they can't charge a "restocking fee".  Basically, they should be refunding you 100% of what you paid.  However, if you did damage the item, they can charge for that.

4 minutes ago, nilorius said:

But if seller in starting point says - no refund, no sell back. It can be real or i am wrong ?

The on-line Sellers you mentioned don't have such clauses, and if they did, they are not enforceable. Not the same for private sales, of course.

3 minutes ago, nilorius said:

But if seller in starting point says - no refund, no sell back. It can be real or i am wrong ?

Your right to return is legally protected.  Even if the retailer writes otherwise on their website or in their terms & conditions, it doesn't matter - they can't override your statutory rights.  (This is in the UK - I don't know the law in Latvia.)

7 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

There are laws in Latvia..? o.O

:lol: :P

Currently that is only a position, because i don't mean to do that thing, just want to know Your opinions and situations in past. Abaout the laws - i think they are the same as in UK or US at that point.

2 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Currently that is only a position, because i don't mean to do that thing, just want to know Your opinions and situations in past. Abaout the laws - i think they are the same as in UK or US at that point.

In that case, I would suggest that the question was badly worded, and could have read 'Has anyone any experience, good or bad, with returning goods bought on-line from a major retailer..?' or similar. B|

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

In that case, I would suggest that the question was badly worded, and could have read 'Has anyone any experience, good or bad, with returning goods bought on-line from a major retailer..?' or similar. B|

Well....bad things happen before and afternoon. Your opinion.

The problem, Nilorius, is that your English is so bad that often no-one has a clue what you are asking.  Dad was simply tying to help you get understood better, and you have now jumped down his throat.  Just like you always do when people disagree with you.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Paul S said:

The problem, Nilorius, is that your English is so bad that often no-one has a clue what you are asking.  Dad was simply tying to help you get understood better, and you have now jumped down his throat.  Just like you always do when people disagree with you.

People always agree and disagree - that's normal, but your opinion to me is quite rude.

25 minutes ago, Paul S said:

To be fair Nilorius' English is far better than my (our) Latvian.

Try and read between the lines and not take offence is my suggestion guys. He's trying and is one of the tribe after all ✌️

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I don’t think he’s jumping down anyone’s throat. It seems to me that he is a bit frustrated with not being able to express himself.

• Like 2

Just now, KingBollock said:

All I mean is that you sometimes don’t get the answers you want, because people may not have understood the way you phrased your question. I mean no offence.

Well, then i am sorry for my english, but that's how it is. I think - now everybody understands.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nilorius said:

I don't need to express myself, all i need is Your rational answer.

I really, truly, don't understand. I gave you a rational answer, and then another rational answer to your posted reply. Where did I go wrong, enough to start your stuff about 'bad things happen' or whatever..? From then on, it makes no sense to me. It may be me, of course, but I think I have a basic knowledge of English (although I'm in France...), and am well used to posting on forums in many languages (but not Latvian, I'm afraid...). Please believe that we are in good faith, trying to help when we can, in a spirit of goodwill and harmony (with a little humour from time to time...). There is never any need, or advantage, in replying in sharp terms. This is not 'my opinion'; it's the way this Forum works, and works well. Are there any problems with that..?

Es tiešām, patiesi, nesaprotu. Es sniedzu jums racionālu atbildi un pēc tam vēl vienu racionālu atbildi uz jūsu ievietoto atbildi. Kur es kļūdījos, pietiekami, lai sāktu jūsu lietas par "notiek sliktas lietas" vai ko citu..? Kopš tā laika man nav jēgas. Protams, tas var būt es, bet es domāju, ka man ir angļu valodas pamatzināšanas (lai gan es esmu Francijā...) un esmu labi pieradis forumos daudzās valodās (bet ne latviešu, es baidos ...). Lūdzu, ticiet, ka mēs esam labticīgi, cenšamies palīdzēt, kad vien varam, labas gribas un harmonijas garā (ik pa laikam ar nelielu humoru...). Nekad nav nekādas vajadzības vai priekšrocības atbildēt asiem vārdiem. Tas nav "mans viedoklis"; tas ir veids, kā šis forums darbojas un darbojas labi. Vai ar to ir kādas problēmas..?

• Like 1