Why become a member? ×

Stupid question, but just curious.....

nilorius

Which brand of bass is incredibly over priced, has German pickups, is unreliable, eye wateringly expensive to repair and isn't as good as cheaper competitors?

An Aston DB9 was the most disappointing car I've ever driven, it felt fat, wallowy and underpowered. The v12 motor sounded nice though.

5 hours ago, nilorius said:

If You would be asked to equalize a bass brand (luthier companies count) to quality by a car brand, what would You say? The question is ''car'' - Aston Martin - Bass ????

Stupid question.

I think you mean equate not equalise? That makes much more sense. Much better.

Ah, a thread where specifics are insisted on. Right...

Aston Martin = Southwold Pier

Liberace = flock wallpaper

A celocanth = The Upanishads

Brutalist civic centres = revivalist music hall

Turnham Green tube = a skip full of shish kebab

Cumulonimbus = Sherbet Dib-Dap

Pete Postlethwaite = fiscal parity

Tofu = forcemeat bälls

Telly Savalas = tungsten carbide drills

Carbon offsetting = Antique pinball machines

North Utshire = moderate, occasionally rough later

...there, sorted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

My son in law stupidly bought an Aston Martin, which thankfully he has now sold. I was ever so underwhelmed by it

After I drove one I realised they're for looking at, not driving. 

My Jaguar had an engine based on the one in the V8 Vantage, bored out from 4.7 to 5.0 and with a massive supercharger and an extra 150 horsepower and was about a third the price and much cheaper to run.

3 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

vai tu gulēsi ar mani  is aparrently how you ask for "it" in Latvian 

You deffently doesn't know latvian. What i ask is just a quality brand, meaning as a car to bass. You ask "Will i fyc( you?" Learn the languages pal, it it will easy your life.

26 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Let's hear you ask it in Latvian...

Just to be 100% clear, that was a joke. To explain; the title refered to a stupid question, I didn't think the question itself was stupid but I thought it might be considered ironic and someone toungue-in-cheek if I highlighted a gramatical error and then used that as the reason why the question was stupid.

Just now, CJPJ said:

Just to be 100% clear, that was a joke. To explain; the title refered to a stupid question, I didn't think the question itself was stupid but I thought it might be considered ironic and someone toungue-in-cheek if I highlighted a gramatical error and then used that as the reason why the question was stupid.

My bad, apologies, like I'm not Mr Sarcasm! 🤭

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJPJ said:

Then it's clear - you think the thread is stupid and gramaticaly bad. It's so easy.