Why become a member? ×

For all you Vigier fans

joe_geezer

2 hours ago, ped said:

Reverb guy is chancing it, big time. I think a seriously nice Passion or Arpege would be £2K tops

I presume it’s all because he’s stopping production. 
Yet I’ve found it strange with Status too- massive price hikes on models that Rob was never going to make again anyway. So regardless of them stopping, the model wouldn’t be made again even if he was still churning them out. 

So yep, I agree- chancing it big time

• Like 1

17 hours ago, E sharp said:

I presume it’s all because he’s stopping production. 
Yet I’ve found it strange with Status too- massive price hikes on models that Rob was never going to make again anyway. So regardless of them stopping, the model wouldn’t be made again even if he was still churning them out. 

So yep, I agree- chancing it big time

Yeah I think so; what someone asks and what someone is willing to pay is quite different. Vigier have always been a bit under the radar despite being adopted by some fairly well known players.

8 hours ago, fergs40 said:

I appreciate this thread is focused on the Mk1 Passion, but this Mk3 just popped up on bassic.de and as we’ve got a Vigier thread going I thought I’d put it here in case there was interest…

https://www.bassic.de/kleinanzeigen/vigier-passion-iii-90-10-made-in-france-1992.35818/

A Passion 111 custom, with the flame maple front and back..

Stunning!!😃

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I wouldn't have it myself but I think it looks quite cool on that bass. Not sure why the middle is black (is it like a stick on pick guard?) but it looks quite good in a way.. from a distance it's like one mahoosive pickup. Ah now I realised the neck pickup has been moved to Arpege position so guess that covers the hole

4 minutes ago, ped said:

I wouldn't have it myself but I think it looks quite cool on that bass. Not sure why the middle is black (is it like a stick on pick guard?) but it looks quite good in a way.. from a distance it's like one mahoosive pickup

The owner before changed the pickup neck position and for me it looks amazing like that😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

I love the colour but the pickup move is an abomination. Aside from the fugly black rectangle, the pickup positioning is the great thing about the Passion.

There is some crazy people changing everything 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg.0d06111df11a5b983f6f9ac25bb30c4b.jpegThis has been kicking around in the small ads of a certain German bass forum for the past couple of months - if I didn’t have one already I would have had it even before the price dropped to its current (ridiculous!) level. It’s had a bit of surgery to insert a battery compartment, but otherwise looks good.

if someone buys it I can stop wondering…

PS No relationship to the seller or anything, just passing on a tip. But please delete if inappropriate.

Edited by fergs40
Missed out a word…
  • Like 2

I never cared for the shape of Vigier basses, but I'm appreciating their appearance a lot more lately.... So knowing myself, I'll probably end up buying one to try out :)

I think I'd be most interested in a model with full carbon neck. Is there much difference in sound/feel between the full carbon necks and the ones that have the carbon reinforcements?

14 hours ago, fergs40 said:

image.jpeg.0d06111df11a5b983f6f9ac25bb30c4b.jpegThis has been kicking around in the small ads of a certain German bass forum for the past couple of months - if I didn’t have one already I would have had it even before the price dropped to its current (ridiculous!) level. It’s had a bit of surgery to insert a battery compartment, but otherwise looks good.

if someone buys it I can stop wondering…

PS No relationship to the seller or anything, just passing on a tip. But please delete if inappropriate.

I offered to buy it off him when he first put the ad up. He had agreed to ship it abroad but then told me he'd wait a while to see if he got any local buyers first. Also, there are quite a few cracks around the output jack which isn't made clear in the pictures in the ad. It would have sold on day one but these two things made me walk away.

1 hour ago, Doctor J said:

I offered to buy it off him when he first put the ad up. He had agreed to ship it abroad but then told me he'd wait a while to see if he got any local buyers first. Also, there are quite a few cracks around the output jack which isn't made clear in the pictures in the ad. It would have sold on day one but these two things made me walk away.

To be fair it is common on older Vigiers to have hairline cracks by the jack socket!

Fantastic price on this series 111 passion..Super comfortable and slim neck, and they sound truly amazing..

Tempted, but do not need another..😃👍🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1