Why become a member? ×

A set of new bass strings for < £10?! What's the catch?

Al Krow

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried the HB flats and they were pretty good but don’t know about the rounds, although I have an unopened set of the value 40-95s! 

I have used the Warwick Red Labels and don’t think you can go too far wrong with those. I also have a couple of unopened sets of these! 

I think I need to buy some more basses so I can restring them!  Do you think the wife will see through my plan?!?!

• Haha 5

• 2 months later...

Harley Benton stuff all seems to be ridiculously cheap and really well regarded - presumably a combination of Thomann's purchasing power and Quality Control?
For that sort of price, I'll be chucking a few sets into my next Thomann order.

The Adagio flats can be had for about £17 and they're pretty good - they were my gateway drug to LaBella DTFs.

8 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

the Adagio flats and assumed they'd both be rubbish

The adagio flats are really good strings for the price, I’ve had a set on one of my jazzes for about 7 or 8 years, they are not bright flats and they are still sounding good 

• Thanks 1

I’ve just chucked a couple of sets of the value nickel rounds into a Thomann order. I’ve used Legacy strings for a while but recently strung a couple with Elixirs that I’m loving. I’ll see how well they last and if they’re as good as they’re supposed to be I might use those on the basses I play most.