Why become a member? ×

This look's handy......

Bobo_Grimmer

I'm off work at the mo after an op. Have spent most of the day playing my acoustic in the garden as it's a real nice day. :) I've just popped in the house to have a bit of lunch and i get an email news letter about some audio stuff and i stumbled across this bass amp by TC Electronic's.

[url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/rh450.asp"]RH 450[/url]

There's a couple of video's and stuff. i don't know what they sound like yet but it's got some really interesting features that i thought might be of interest. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobo_Grimmer

[quote name='Bobo_Grimmer' post='468658' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:37 PM']I'm off work at the mo after an op. Have spent most of the day playing my acoustic in the garden as it's a real nice day. :) I've just popped in the house to have a bit of lunch and i get an email news letter about some audio stuff and i stumbled across this bass amp by TC Electronic's.

[url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/rh450.asp"]RH 450[/url]

There's a couple of video's and stuff. i don't know what they sound like yet but it's got some really interesting features that i thought might be of interest. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Got my Rebelhead 450 a few weeks ago and it still brings a smile to my face.

The 3 presets are a very good feature and it also has a very good compressor and the best tuner I have ever used.(even better than my previous Korg DTR2000 tuner and that takes some beating! )

Will.

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='2x18' post='468670' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:51 PM']Got my Rebelhead 450 a few weeks ago and it still brings a smile to my face.

The 3 presets are a very good feature and it also has a very good compressor and the best tuner I have ever used.(even better than my previous Korg DTR200 tuner and that takes some beating! )

Will.[/quote]

Cool. :D It does seem like a great idea and real easy to get around with i expect. tuner built in and presets helps for cutting down on gear you gotta remember on the way out the house in a hurry. :)

How much control do you really get over the comp with just the one knob?

What i think is really good is the switch mode psu. that's something that all amps should have. :rolleyes:

Yeah i heard these have just come in stock.

They look very high tech.

What is the volume like with them?

Can you power two 8ohm cabs or 1 4Ohm and sound like a full on rock rig?

They are a bit more than the Shuttle so im not sure what to do! Shuttle 6.0 Max, standard 6.0, this new head, a LMIII, or even a GK 1001 RB II.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='468714' date='Apr 21 2009, 04:22 PM']Yeah i heard these have just come in stock.

They look very high tech.

What is the volume like with them?

Can you power two 8ohm cabs or 1 4Ohm and sound like a full on rock rig?

They are a bit more than the Shuttle so im not sure what to do! Shuttle 6.0 Max, standard 6.0, this new head, a LMIII, or even a GK 1001 RB II.[/quote]

Look's like you can connect two or 3 2x10 or 2x12 or a combination of the two, like a 2x12 and a 2x10

[url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/RS210.asp"]RS210[/url]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='468800' date='Apr 21 2009, 05:18 PM']Do we have any UK prices for them?[/quote]
GuitarGuitar have them for £744. I was playing about with one in the Glasgow store the other week – it's a sweet little bit of kit! Oodles of power (though I was playing at in store volumes) and the presets, tuner & compressor are really nice to have on board.

ouch, ok thats a bit much at this point in time. I mean, the features are cool and everything but they're not enough to persuade me to give up the Shuttle.

Tuner = 10 quid (new)
Dual band compressor = 80 quid (used)
Shuttle = 600 quid (or less if second hand)

The Rebelhead eq. trumps the Shuttle's for sure but the planet doesn't stop spinning for me if I don't have it. :/

Yeah its a lot of money. Im not that bothered about all the features...I just want a very poweful small head.

Now MB have 3-4 new models due to hit very soon, and the Shuttle 6.0 Max is due, I think Im holding back and saving funds.

£744 is a fair bit...I dont know if the 450W is gonna be what I class as loud...like my old Trace or current Orange.

I looked at the spec and expected, being as TC are pretty much a leader in technology, that they would have gone for a more powerful output stage. I mean, my F1 is smaller.. I'm not sure if it is *the* smallest head out at the moment.. but it chucks out 500W RMS and.. well, the F1 can be bought online far cheaper.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='469457' date='Apr 22 2009, 11:49 AM']If it was 600w into 4ohms (like the Shuttle) and able to go into 2ohms then I'd probably go for one at 700 quid...assuming I couldn't import one for less, that is...[/quote]
Yeah, I must say that if I add ('cos I'd want to keep my Shuttle, regardless) [u]another [/u]head I'd have the 2 ohm capability as one of my main wish list items.

[quote name='gbm' post='469518' date='Apr 22 2009, 12:45 PM']I like the look of these but wonder about the cabs. They look a bit like the smallest box the drivers could be squeezed into.[/quote]

that's something that i wasn't that keen on.

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='469531' date='Apr 22 2009, 12:52 PM']and the extra £120 for the footswitch doesn't make me want to jump at it either..[/quote]
:) that's a bit steep!

I reckon the amp goes down to less than 4-ohms. They say you can use three of THEIR 8-ohm cabs safely, but only theirs. Their is a FAQ on their site that explains how this is achievable with their 'custom' drivers, but I'm sure our Mr Claber may be able to determine of there is a bullshit odour in the air!

The amp does look interesting. $1100 here in Calgary.