Why become a member? ×

Backing vocals- harmoniser

Wonky2

For many years I just could not play the bass and sing, I’ve always had a great admiration for anyone who can….

i can play guitar and sing no problem, but bass, for some reason I just could never do it.

that is, untill recent years. I somehow, eventually just found the knack and could do it.

now, with the band i play in, this is great BUT the lead guitarist is not only tone  deaf but I’m sure he’s actually tone dead 😂👍 the drummer, is not much better too.

and so, carrying the weight of delivering all bvs i have to really consider what I sing or play….

im thinking  of trying one of them vocal harmoniser pedals to help out, so I’m not so much a lone voice. 

does anyone else use one for bv thickening or are they just to god damn hideously awful ? 

all comments are welcomed 👍

Edited by Wonky2

I’ve used one in the past. Used sparingly they’re great. I used to introduce it as an additional member of the band. Some of them listen to what the band is playing, thru a built in mic, on others you have to take a feed from guitar or Keys so the unit can work out what key you’re in. Alternatively you can set up patches for different songs and program in the key. They usually come with other toys like reverbs, noise gates etc, so quite useful

• Like 2

The good ones will take a signal from the guitar and make sure the vocal harmony fits. But that does mean the guitarist will have to play some fully voiced chords and not just ambiguous power chords.

Then it’s a lot rehearsal and settings tweaks to make sure it sounds subtle and realistic.

• Like 2

I have used a TC helicon voice live two if you use it use it only now and then for the effect otherwise it's too much ,i have a connect from the mixer to take the sound of the rhythm guitar and input this into the effect pedal to keep pitch

it works ok good on backing   not so good it you use it on lead

55 minutes ago, slystewart said:

I have used a TC helicon voice live two if you use it use it only now and then for the effect otherwise it's too much ,i have a connect from the mixer to take the sound of the rhythm guitar and input this into the effect pedal to keep pitch

it works ok good on backing   not so good it you use it on lead

Thanks, it’s for backing vocals as I mentioned in the post 👍