Why become a member? ×

Belated NAD Ashdown MiBass

MacDaddy

That's almost 2 inches from what is claimed, which makes a big difference when we're talking about micro-heads.

But apart from that...

Haven't had chance to play above 'bedroom' levels, but I'm taking it to the SE Bass Bash tomorrow, and will be A/B'ing it with Lozz's Ashdown rig.

• Like 1

indeed, good job their amps are better than the accuracy of their website! I’ve had similar experiences but all ended well once plugged in and playing instead of reading! Hope it goes well.

I’d also be interesting hear what you think of what looks like a peavey VIP / vyper amp?

I sent an email to Ashdown including a few egregious typos and errors present on their website. It's been weeks and most of the errors are still there. It's like they don't care.

Personally I don't think they realise how bad it makes them look. For me it makes Ashdown look like such an amateur outfit and unfortunately as much as I love them for many things, their online presence is a shadow of their competitors and they will be punished for it. I didn't even want anything for pointing out the mistakes: I just want them to succeed because they ace so much else.

30 minutes ago, funkydoug said:

I’d also be interesting hear what you think of what looks like a peavey VIP / vyper amp?

Peavey Vypyr VIP III. Love it, had it 6-7 years now, at one point it was gigged - bass and guitar - pretty much twice a week for over a year.

Loud enough for pub gigs on bass. I'm taking it to the SE Bass Bash if you are going, and want a try.

Edited by MacDaddy
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

Peavey Vypyr VIP III. Love it, had it 6-7 years now, at one point it was gigged - bass and guitar - pretty much twice a week for over a year.

Loud enough for pub gigs on bass. I'm taking it to the SE Bass Bash if you are going, and want a try.

Sadly I won’t be there but I’ve always been curious about those things. Your positive review probably means I’ll no longer be able to resist buying one to try it out🤦‍♂️

In all honesty I’ve yet to be disappointed by anything with a Peavey logo on it. 

Very nice @MacDaddy I had one of these up to a few months ago and absolutely loved it. Probably the best Class D amp I've had the pleasure of owning. Had it a good few years and maybe did close to 100 gigs. Only sold it as I got myself a RM Evo II.

Where did you get yours from as they are pretty rare these days?

Not sure if you are aware but the front panel is interchangeable. I contacted Ashdown just before I sold mine and they had a Teal one left so I bought it. If you're interested then I'm happy to sell it on. Just drop me a PM if interested.

On 22/10/2022 at 18:55, Linus27 said:

Where did you get yours from as they are pretty rare these days?

***"

I bought it here from a Basschater 😎

Bit of a bargain at under 26p per watt 😆

I managed to have a fiddle with it at the Bash. Probably need to do more fiddling to find my sound, but the 'deep' preset sounded pretty good. The eq is mightily versatile.