Why become a member? ×

Forgotten favorites

jd56hawk

Most of my basses always sit ready at hand in a rack, but for the last few years I've owned more basses than my rack fits. Currently my Status S2 Classic 5-string lives in a Mono gigbag because it's the one that gets out the door most, but it also means it sees less use at home. The real forgotten favourite has to be my Ellio Martina Forza 5-string though. It's more or less an active Jazz Bass, built by the guy that also builds the elusive and unobtainable Bassmute, and it's fantastic. It used to be my absolute number one, but it fell out of grace with my band after I first brought my Warwick Streamer LX5 and they all said in unison: "This is the one!"

Here's a pic from 2014, which was probably the last time I used it live :$

413664418_EllioMartinaForza5.thumb.jpg.a38a17fb2db96d0f60ed12eb43ccbf9b.jpg

• Like 4

I have a few squirreled away. A few that I'd like to play more but live in their original cases due to lack of space are an original 80s Hohner B2A with picato stainless steel flats, my beautiful flamed maple Guild Starfire II, and my NS Design CR-5M from 2007, which despite having been gigged in a previous band for several years has managed to stay in mint condition with exactly zero dings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len_derby said:

I have a Japanese-made Fender Jazz, ocean turquoise with stacked-knobs. It used to be my go-to bass for most gigs until I treated myself to a custom-made bass form our own Andyjr1515. It’s not been out of its case now for about three years.

F5F2807B-0394-4D01-A83B-FFC0297C2DDA.jpeg

Wow!

I have an Eastwood Classic IV in white , it’s kind of like a fake Gretsch Falcon at a fraction of the price. I used to have a Rivoli hollow body , sold it , and missed it. 
So I jumped when I saw the Eastwood at a great price. Kijiji deal! The Eastwood sounds better than the Rivoli did , and seems to be well built . The previous owner had it strung with flats , I’m perfectly ok with that . Most of my basses are strung with flats.

Played it last week for the first time in a while and was shocked at how the time had somehow gone without picking it up. It’s a big chunky feeling thing but I quite like it.