Why become a member? ×

I can't believe it. I can't find a guitarist!

ubit

For a good few years now I have been unable to gig due to the constraints of my job, or mainly the shift patterns wouldn't allow me to plan ahead.

I have now changed onto a more regular shift pattern and went to see my mate, our guitarist and said let's get the band back together. He sounded quite up for it and our drummer is very keen. Over the next few weeks it became apparent that he wasn't bothered about it at all. I spoke to the drummer and he agreed that the guitarist wasn't showing any signs of wanting to get together for a jam and basically can't be arsed.

Now we are struggling to find a guitarist. I never would have believed that a guitar player would be a problem. It's usually drummers that are hard to find.

What to do?

1 hour ago, ubit said:

For a good few years now I have been unable to gig due to the constraints of my job, or mainly the shift patterns wouldn't allow me to plan ahead.

I have now changed onto a more regular shift pattern and went to see my mate, our guitarist and said let's get the band back together. He sounded quite up for it and our drummer is very keen. Over the next few weeks it became apparent that he wasn't bothered about it at all. I spoke to the drummer and he agreed that the guitarist wasn't showing any signs of wanting to get together for a jam and basically can't be arsed.

Now we are struggling to find a guitarist. I never would have believed that a guitar player would be a problem. It's usually drummers that are hard to find.

What to do?

Just throw a brick randomly - you’ll hit one 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ubit said:

What to do?

There are plenty about, but you wouldn't want to play with most of them. I assume you've tried the usual places - Join my Band, etc? It's a bit of a chore, I know. You usually have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2022 at 17:35, Geek99 said:

I went to one last night in Loughborough 

got asked up once they spotted my bass but declined as I’m out of practice and hadn’t prepared anything 

next time doing stand by me, true colours and Folsom prison blues

For clarity, to perform those songs with the hosts who play weedy electric and weedy acoustic