Why become a member? ×

That discontinued "Bass-Mute" with the levers...

fretmeister

3 hours ago, Rich said:

As does @Dad3353I believe.

Indeed, albeit modestly. I've never used ABS, which is what would be required for the item above to be usable, but it's an interesting design. The hardware required would need sourcing, too (biro springs..? little screws..? pivot pins..?). In all likelihood, some degree of customisation would be required, there being such a wide variation in basses. The printing part is perhaps the easiest, once the proof of concept for the target instrument established. B|

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2

I did think of producing something along these lines. I don't think a printed central pin would work so well either, would be better in metal. Maybe a threaded bar that can be turned?  maybe not quick release, more something to change between songs/always on.  Also not a big fan of having exposed screw heads and hard edges above the strings. If there's enough interest I could have a go at it. 

• Like 2

On 28/09/2022 at 14:39, fretmeister said:

If you have a 3D printer or access to one...

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/gadgets/audio/bass-guitar-muter-3d-print

You can now make your own one.

$20 for the CAD file and then get it printed somewhere and assemble it yourself.

@GisserD