Why become a member? ×

Marleaux Diva 6 Bass Signature Redwood Burl Top - *SOLD*
£4195
Germany, Frankfurt area

Eisen

Marleaux Diva 6 bass with Redwood Burl Signature Top, 4195,00 GBP or 4.700,00 Euro.
This bass was exhibited at Guitar Summit 2019 and was bought there from Gerald Marleaux.
Current price new is 5.700 Euro; tendency to rise in the next months.
Ebony Fretboard with Semi Fretlines
Maple neck
Mahogany Body
Original Marleaux Strings
Certifikate
Original Marleaux Gig Bag
Rest see pictures or on the Marleaux website

Questions are welcome

The bass has very  little playtime on his tachometer and is like "shopnew". No livegigs or rehearsalrooms only played at home in a smokefree and animalfree enviroment.

811217387_onthebench.thumb.jpg.6af6b52b3bfd98fb4aceb1de59e8dac3.jpg1.thumb.jpg.bc3b1ec4a047a1eefed748421b9a79fb.jpg2.thumb.jpg.56bb8b9e10b698ca6a26d70228a1564e.jpg6.thumb.jpg.6aa48855ab6b88e69cb1e7dd7c5df8fb.jpg4.thumb.jpg.72f5972d8a0960cedb7331a479bfb169.jpg3.thumb.jpg.62f3475a3110fc95f18d35199b33075c.jpg5.thumb.jpg.b697a536ac395ec20d80538ea2df4a5f.jpg1157452590_guitarsummit19marleauxpage.thumb.jpg.9e92f5d4574d3ac8c1fb236c0f1c8c01.jpgIMG_8677.thumb.JPG.577ff93d88c5752dcbace44adb59647c.JPG

Edited by Eisen
  • Like 27

15 hours ago, Jerrylejer said:

This is a dream bass, just wow ! Why do you sell it if I can ask ?

I sell this beauty because the placement of the sidedots confuse me!

I play only fretless basses and am used to sidedots, that are placed where the frets would be.

On the Diva the sidedots are between (!) the semifretlines as they would be on a fretted bass.

To a fretted bass player this is a major advantage, he must not think around a corner!

To me this is hell! I thought I could get used to it but it didn`t work out...

Apart from this the bass plays like butter!

IMG_9194.thumb.JPG.97d31bff047b52e5f68056dcd3a48b27.JPG

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I have the same issue with my Yamaha TRB 5ii ...I'm using reflective tape on the top edge on the fret line. Not ideal but it'll have to do till I can fund a visit to my local luthier. 

Beautiful bass, hope you don't regret selling. 

Thanks for the tip with the tape! I must confess that had myself some crazy ideas to solve the problem including the use of black and white felt pens...🤔 but that would have ruined the bass.

I´m sure I will regret selling but I cannot afford to have such an expensive bass just to look at it...( although this is real joy )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2022 at 15:41, Eisen said:

I sell this beauty because the placement of the sidedots confuse me!

I play only fretless basses and am used to sidedots, that are placed where the frets would be.

On the Diva the sidedots are between (!) the semifretlines as they would be on a fretted bass.

To a fretted bass player this is a major advantage, he must not think around a corner!

To me this is hell! I thought I could get used to it but it didn`t work out...

Apart from this the bass plays like butter!

IMG_9194.thumb.JPG.97d31bff047b52e5f68056dcd3a48b27.JPG

Sorry, you mean you have to put your fingers between the side dots to be in tune (not down the side dots) ?

The fretless ACGs I´m used to have the sidedots, where the frets, the fretlines or the semifretlines would be on first "fret", third, fifth and so on.

To be in tune you play on the dots or fretlines or semifretlines Not Between Them! This is the same with the Diva!

But the dots are not on the semifretlines, where I need them to be, but between the semifretlines, see pictures.

This is what confuses me and the Diva has a lot of dots and semifretlines, three octaves😎

To me fretlines have no use because I don`t look on the front of the fretboard, I look on the side of the fretboard when needed and cannot orientate by the Divas dots!

I had the same issue with my fretless Sei. It's lined, but I don't look at the lines, only the side markers. I had JD drill and fill the side markers, then drill at the fretline positions and put Luminlay there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tauzero said:

I had the same issue with my fretless Sei. It's lined, but I don't look at the lines, only the side markers. I had JD drill and fill the side markers, then drill at the fretline positions and put Luminlay there.

Very good idea! If it don´t sell this may be a solution🤔

16 hours ago, Jerrylejer said:

I think you've got a beauty here and should listen to this really good advice 

Talked to a renown luthier: Because of neckthrough, long fretboard and lots of dots this will be open heart surgery.

If the patient survives the operation she will be "verschlimmbessert" (moreworsebettered?) as we say in Germany...

...apart from the costs. Bolt on necks no problem.

36 minutes ago, Eisen said:

Talked to a renown luthier: Because of neckthrough, long fretboard and lots of dots this will be open heart surgery.

If the patient survives the operation she will be "verschlimmbessert" (moreworsebettered?) as we say in Germany...

Ok ... I understand. Good sell my friend ☺️

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2022 at 12:36, Eisen said:

How about a stick-on solution? Get a long thin piece of black adhesive tape (go-faster stripes for cars would be a likely source) and cover the entire edge of the fretboard, then put stick-on luminous dots where you want them. No damage to the bass, cheap, and you can do it yourself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tauzero said:

How about a stick-on solution? Get a long thin piece of black adhesive tape (go-faster stripes for cars would be a likely source) and cover the entire edge of the fretboard, then put stick-on luminous dots where you want them. No damage to the bass, cheap, and you can do it yourself.

Yes, this is another good idea to solve the problem, but would you do this with a 5 grand bass?

If it don`t sell till xmas i`ll keep it.