Why become a member? ×

John Taylor Signature Dingwall Combustion

Napalmnun

1 hour ago, matbard said:

The bass will came in 82 pieces Limited Edition with Rio graphics, fancy inlay at 12th fret, custom wall hanger, Hipshot Xtender, custom case and string package.

So the interesting and distinctive colour will be only available to a few lucky pre-purchAND THEY'RE GONE.

Great.

Black

Yawn.

Vintage White

Antique yawn.

Seafoam Green

Le yawn du jour.

No doubt there'll also be a tobacco sunburst finish later down the line, just to completely razz me off.

• Haha 1

I don't think these have intonation screws? Dingwall refers to these as their V3 Bridge. This is one of their newer bridges that I've so far only seen on  the D-Rock 5 and this John Taylor signature, and I think similar to Hipshot style A and ABM Müller bridges, the saddles are locked in place with a little Allen grub screw. By releasing the grub screw, the saddle moves freely. You then lock it back into place when it's set to your liking. 

Edited by LeftyJ

Nope, that's the grub screw to lock the saddle in place. There's no typical intonation screw as you'd find on a Fender-style bridge that moves the saddle as you turn. 

Here's a better pic (when you click it it opens in 1600x1600):

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by LeftyJ

20 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

So it's question of unlocking the saddle and moving it manually? In that case IMO it's a terrible design. 

I've only ever owned one Dingwall (a Lee Sklar Signature) but I never had the need to adjust it.

If Sheldon's intonation video is anything to go by (accepting that it's the individual bridge piece design rather than what we have here) it suggests that once the locking screw is unlocked, the saddle can be moved back and forth easily and once it's in the correct place it can be retightened. Sheldon may be many things, but being terrible in the design phase is not generally one of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kev said:

Think it's safe to say Bass Direct will have a few of them, probably worth keeping an eye out, or even hitting Mark up now if you're serious about wanting one.

Bass Direct will be getting 10 of the 82. At least one of them is spoken for 😎.

#officiallyoutofthe2023abstinence

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Bass Direct will be getting 10 of the 82. At least one of them is spoken for 😎.

#officiallyoutofthe2023abstinence

I contacted BD earlier, and yeah... make that "at least two of them are spoken for" :D :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, simisker said:

I contacted BD earlier, and yeah... make that "at least two of them are spoken for" :D :)

Good man 👏. Anyone else pulled the trigger? I don’t think I’ve ever put a deposit down on a bass without knowing what the balance will be. I’m excited to be back in the Dingwall ‘club’. I’ll replace the Sklar one day, but really looking forward to this now.

• Like 1

The first Dingwall bass I’ve been interested in since I moved mine on back in 2011. Not normally a signature bass kind of guy, but this sounds wonderful. Unfortunately, not the right time to pull the trigger on one of these. I look forward to hearing all about them from the people who have been lucky enough to bag one ☺️

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Good man 👏. Anyone else pulled the trigger? I don’t think I’ve ever put a deposit down on a bass without knowing what the balance will be. I’m excited to be back in the Dingwall ‘club’. I’ll replace the Sklar one day, but really looking forward to this now.

Can I ask how much deposit you had to put down, and what the total was, when final payment was due?

Thanks