Why become a member? ×

Interesting conversion attempt!

kingforaday

7 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

What's that bit of wire/metal stcking out of the bridge on that pic I posted above btw? Seems like there's a bar connecting the saddle screws as well, is it a bizarre earthing strip?

The more I look at it the more confused I get.

I’m not sure, I figured it was an attempt to stop that wandering g string (my new band name) but yeah it may be even weirder than that… perhaps the only way to truly know is to buy it!

1 hour ago, kingforaday said:

I’m not sure, I figured it was an attempt to stop that wandering g string (my new band name) but yeah it may be even weirder than that… perhaps the only way to truly know is to buy it!

Although it is tempting to stick a £1 bid on for a laugh there's always a chance you might end up winning it and having to pay a tenner to get the thing posted.

That strip on the front of the bridge is the piezo, that's why the ends of the saddle screws(well most of them) are making contact with it. Mad.

s-l1600.jpg

On 08/09/2022 at 00:16, lemmywinks said:

What's that bit of wire/metal stcking out of the bridge on that pic I posted above btw? Seems like there's a bar connecting the saddle screws as well, is it a bizarre earthing strip?

The more I look at it the more confused I get.

It appears to be raising up the E string.

Ahhhh..... I set it from that other angle now. Ground wire ot piezo?

Edited by NikNik

3 hours ago, NikNik said:

It appears to be raising up the E string.

Ahhhh..... I set it from that other angle now. Ground wire ot piezo?

It's the piezo strip, the saddle screws look angled down to make contact with it. There used to be bass uke conversion kits floating around on eBay where the rubber uke strings would pass through the bridge, even that looked fiddly and not worth ruining a guitar for when you could buy a new bass uke with gigbag for around £90 at the time.

Either way it's got 6 bids fo far, up to £2.20.