Why become a member? ×

Band Names... How To Pick One!

binky_bass

On 17/08/2022 at 13:56, Newfoundfreedom said:

The problem is, if you get creative with spelling to try and come up with something unique, you spend the next X amount of years not only telling people your band's name, but having to explain how to spell it. 

That's true. I got really tired of telling people that there's an "a" in Beatles.

Edited by Pseudonym
John was less patient.

5 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

That's true. I got really tired of telling people that there's an "a" in Beatles.

That was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, well before the internet and Google. 

If you want to come up with something unique now, you've got to do something far more than swap a vowel. 

On 18/08/2022 at 08:33, miles'tone said:

As a Welsh person I find watching Welsh interviews with the English auto generated captions on utterly hilarious. I've often thought that if I ever need a new band name then that's where I'll find one. Try it! 😄

For example...

That is hilarious. I got “Ammonia Welder Boys” within seconds which is a name that just has to have a band attached.

• Haha 1

I don't currently have a band, I have a project where I'm in charge so the name's my choice. I opted for Ghost Light. It comes from an old Doctor Who story which I liked the name of as it sounds really gothic and appropriate for a goth act. It was almost the name of my old band but it got voted down.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 21:28, binky_bass said:

Like a strike of lightning, it has come to me!

Along with a quickly smashed together first album cover! 😂

20220817_211326.thumb.png.f0b103002bc19fdfc76300ca34f31bb6.png

Oooh, you’re starting a Terraplane covers/tribute band, then? Sorry… 🙁

Anything that's fun to say. I just came up w/ this one on my way out of the loo. "Lacquered Yaks". Feel free to use it.

I have lists of names all over the place but my favourite of all time came from me reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, the part where Adolph got smitten with the princess of Bavaria, and in his feeble attempts to woo her, sent her a box of German chocolates. She was not impressed. So he invaded Bavaria.

"Hitlers Chocolates"

It sounds SO sinister.