Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

1 hour ago, dclaassen said:

Love vintage amps…I’ll bet it sounds great…

All three of my Peavey 400 series heads sound great! and all together cost about £500! love the 215 aswell that cab is a staple now i dont mind moving them and they are just dependable and great sounding

15 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

All three of my Peavey 400 series heads sound great! and all together cost about £500! love the 215 aswell that cab is a staple now i dont mind moving them and they are just dependable and great sounding

I’d love to have one of those…

Back at the scene of the crime last night, where the ABM500 I'd borrowed from @merton decided that power amps were passé and decided to blow its one, taking down some other bits with it. I only had two people ask me if I was going to blow an amp this time...

Fortunately the new ABM600 held up nicely and sounded amazing, let down only by its operator missing a cue and coming in half a bar too late on one song, causing us to have to stop and start again, but other than that everything went well. Apparently I was too loud, but oh well 🤣

I even managed in this unlikeliest of venues to find a kindred spirit with whom I reminisced about 80s kids TV shows, and agreeing that excluding Tom Bombadil from the LOTR trilogy was a good decision. The band's tab was also comped by the guy whose 65th birthday party it was, which is a great thing in a brewery tap!

Back rehearsing tomorrow before the next gig Saturday week.

PXL_20230630_182325660.jpg

• Like 6

This weekend's gig rig of choice. I've gigged the cab a few times but never the matching set. Not sure why because the 700RB (an early MK1) has imho one of the best rock/rythm n blues sounds I've heard in recent times.Thouroughly enjoyed using it and it barely broke a sweat despite a thumping loud low-end.

IMG_2216.thumb.jpeg.6788adcd8e9b8f2c4fdb9eae75eee4cb.jpeg

• Like 4

First gig I've played where I've gone completely IEM and haven't had a backline amp. There was quite a breeze in the garden (we were playing a birthday party attended by all the village, so no volume issues). Mic stands, music stand etc were being blown over. So I used what shelter I could find to protect my Sterling HH. Under the coat is an Ibanez EHB1000s brought as a spare and not used. On the floor is a Behringer tuner into a Plethroa X3 into a passive DI box. An artistically arranged can of Coke Zero on the case (representing the now removed backline) completes my little corner of the patio.... I mean stage.  😄

DSC07908.jpg.abc416fa39200a7019446d83065e606d.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

First outing for the Elf at rehearsal today. I will definitely be leaving the ABM at home for future rehearsals!

PXL_20230702_111848601.jpg

The Elf and a Two10 in landscape mode is quite the thing to behold. Punches well above its weight!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

I still say that the 2x10 would sound better on its end portrait style. It's even got the feet for that position. :)

It sounds killer in both positions, I don't think I've played it enough to have a clear favourite yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassmanPaul said:

I still say that the 2x10 would sound better on its end portrait style. It's even got the feet for that position. :)

Depends on the vibe - it’s fatter in landscape mode so for me works great in a rock band with the Elf. Portrait mode also awesome and perhaps marginally more polite :)

• Like 1