Why become a member? ×

New Cort basses

BassApprentice

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

My Elrick Evo5, which I bought off @Sibobof this parish 18 months back, has been quite a revelation for me: it's pretty much blown away several other basses I never thought I would move on and has become my first choice gigging bass. So a "budget" Cort Elrick has definitely got my interest and @haimesyexperience with his, suggests it could be quite a treat. If one comes up used (in white, please, haha) I'll be at the head of the queue! 

Just also seen the Basstheworld review of the Cort A5 Ultra Ash with Fishman Fluence pups - damn that's a tasty neck-through! Cort seem to be seriously upping their game and parking their tanks squarely on the lawns of the likes of Ibanez and, dare I say, Yamaha?

Yes, and the ‘real’ NJS5 I bought after selling the EVO5 is also a killer bass, still with me and currently recording another song on Jocee’s new album. 
Bearing in mind that I’m a fairly dyed-in-the-wool Precision style lover, it’s as a surprise to me as it might be to you that I still have it around….wonderful ‘super’ Jazz bass, a joy to play and sounds fantastic (all US Bartolini in this case).

As such, I imagine that the Cort Elricks are great too, I’d like to try a 4 string at some point!

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, krispn said:

Reminiscent of the Lakland DJ model who Cort also build. I’d whip out the eq stick in an Audere Pro-z and you’ve got a giant killer. If I shift the DBird I’d do that!

Is that your current favourite on board pre? Prefer it over something like a John East Uni-Pre? 

I don’t use an onboard pre as I normally just use the trusty old Basswitch but I heard a demo recently with that Audere and the way the mid switch (which isn’t selecting different frequencies as one might expect from a three position mini switch) is executed in that preamp is really very good and much less in your face. I suppose it just sounded very natural without being too active. I don’t generally like active basses. 

17 hours ago, krispn said:

Reminiscent of the Lakland DJ model who Cort also build. I’d whip out the eq stick in an Audere Pro-z and you’ve got a giant killer. If I shift the DBird I’d do that!

I had an Audere pre in my long suffering MTD Kingston a long time ago. There was a variable impedance switch in it. When I hit that the bass spoke with the voice of thunder. Then I changed it. And then I changed the pickups. I should not have. I looked into buying one recently but couldn't find one without doing an import from the US.