Why become a member? ×

LeCompte ST-4 -- IT'S HERE 13/9

misrule

[quote name='misrule' post='44097' date='Aug 11 2007, 08:31 AM']These arrived today. He's finished spraying and has to let the body cure for a week before he puts the bass together. Sadly, that will be too late for the South East bass bash.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]
That will give us an excuse to have another bash - simply stunning!

[quote name='Mike' post='47580' date='Aug 20 2007, 09:50 AM']Looks bloody magnificent Mark.

Mine has yet to be routed & sprayed. So it looks like you've won this battle!

I guess we'll need to have another custom built some other time![/quote]
Bud hasn't finished quite yet -- he got busy again over the weekend. I'm hoping for something tonight ...

As to another custom, I don't think my finances (or wife!) will allow it for a while. I'll be keeping an eye on how yours gets on.

Cheers

Mark

I was sitting at work at about 10.30pm and spotted these on TalkBass. Ahhh!

I guess the e-mail is waiting for me at home

That's Bud's bike, not mine, by the way. And his lawn.

I love how it's turned out. I just hope it has a safe and swift journey across the Atlantic.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by misrule

Very nice indeed - looks like you want to be careful with that stand on the lower cutaway though!! Looking forward to hearing it - a friend on TB has/had one of these and I remember hearing it and thinking it was very 'alive' sounding.

ta
ped

[quote name='ped' post='48614' date='Aug 21 2007, 10:45 PM']Very nice indeed - looks like you want to be careful with that stand on the lower cutaway though!! Looking forward to hearing it - a friend on TB has/had one of these and I remember hearing it and thinking it was very 'alive' sounding.

ta
ped[/quote]

I'll be getting a stand to hold it by the neck. I don't know how it will sound, but it's built with plenty of maple in the hope of some Ric clank.

It was supposed to be here for the South East bash. I came along for a couple of hours but had to return home for childcare duties.

I'll try to arrange a viewing so people who want to try it can come along.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='ped' post='48670' date='Aug 22 2007, 01:02 AM']Really? Owch. What is he expecting to happen over the next 10 days?[/quote]

He just wants to adjust the neck now it's under tension and make sure everything works, since it's coming a long way.

It's just his excuse to play it himself :)

Cheers

Mark

Thanks, guys.

[quote name='Rich' post='48694' date='Aug 22 2007, 07:32 AM']Me, I'd have had the back woods on the front, if you see what I mean. :huh:
Hope you can last 10 days without chewing your nails away to nothing :huh:[/quote]

Bud still has a slab of that black limba, if you'd like it :huh: And my nails are long gone, I'm afraid.

He's keeping the bass up to two weeks, then it will take a week to get here. :)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='49097' date='Aug 22 2007, 06:08 PM']Does it come with the bike?

Pure sex Mark![/quote]
Yup, he's sending the bike too. And included in the price, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I wish :)

If Carlsberg made custom basses ...

Cheers

Mark