Why become a member? ×

Top of amp or on floor kind of guy

Guest BassAdder27

How many who run always on pedals or say tuner / wireless put them on top of the amp instead of on the floor or on a pedalboard on the floor ?

I know the obvious why put foot pedals off the floor when you need to stand on them but for some amps you can use the tuner out / mute and leave tuner ON and so on. 

So folks how do you guys choose to place your always on pedals etc 

I used to have a little peddle board, then went to a rack rig with a foot switch board (the Line 6 Bass Pod XT Pro) which meant I ran the only proper pedal I still have , a boss bass chorus, off the switchable FX loop for each patch, so it went on top of the rack, the wireless receiver went next to it, all powered from the anti-surge mains board in the back of the rack, very neat. If I ever go back to gigging regularly, I'll do something similar, as it makes for a very easy set-up and strike and keeps cables to an absolute minimum on the floor.

Currently I have a QSC K12.2 and an HX Stomp, so it all goes on the floor in front of me with the only cables running to the bass.