Why become a member? ×

sadowsky on board tube preamp !!

loudandclear

Yeah, there was a discussion on this a few months ago about the onboard valve preamp - would love to hear how it sounds! Personally I'd just go down the outboard valve route, keep as much of the wood on the body as possible for tone reasons!

That looks horrid, and those knobs are really small (fnarr) which probably make them unusable.

Then you've got the added fact of valve drawing power from a battery, and inside a bass, where it's going to have to be secured so it doens't come loose and you lose all sound.

Novel concept, but not one that should have seen reality imo.

[quote name='Buzz' post='451613' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:44 PM']That looks horrid, and those knobs are really small (fnarr) which probably make them unusable.

Then you've got the added fact of valve drawing power from a battery, and inside a bass, where it's going to have to be secured so it doens't come loose and you lose all sound.

Novel concept, but not one that should have seen reality imo.[/quote]

Is it not April 1st? :)

[quote name='Buzz' post='451637' date='Apr 1 2009, 04:04 PM']It might be, but you cannot be insisting that a bass manufacturer would delve into poor taste and do a joke on April The 1st? Shirly?[/quote]

No - you're right. I've just ordered one, but there's already a backlog of orders apparently...

[quote name='The Funk' post='451662' date='Apr 1 2009, 04:21 PM']I'm sure I saw a Takamine acoustic bass guitar with a valve preamp built-in a couple of years ago.[/quote]

Indeed - the Takamine cool tube. And that was a waste of time too...