Why become a member? ×

Not your father's jazz bass.

jd56hawk

Okay, it's not a typical jazz bass, not a Fender or a Squier or one of the countless clones, but it does have jazz pickups...and it doesn’t have the dreaded 60-cycle hum.

Italia is not a brand you hear being lauded by bassists, but the people at Italia put together a very nice bass...Wilkinson pickups, bridge and tuners. I have no experience with Wilkinson, but everything seems spot on.

I've always liked the look of the Imola, so I took a bit of a gamble and bought it online without being able to try it out...payed off!

New price is $899, but I got it for $400 and it looks like it's never been played.

GHS black tapewounds make this a real winner!

20210609_144039.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

That looks cool, though personally, I'd love to see more of that yellow (is that Monaco yellow?).

I wish I knew.

Never saw another Imola with this finish and the seller didn't mention the color.

The big pickguard is part of the charm, I think.

PhotoCollage_1623201233240.jpg

Yep! I had an Italia Torino Bass once that was great fun - but weighed a ton. It had a big, solid maple center block that made it really heavy. Sounded huge, was really fun to play (short scale) and was really well-made. The cream finish looked nice too, although I would have preferred a finish that made the cream bindings around the top, back and F-holes pop out more.

61MHKOUBzOL._AC_SY355_.jpg

• Like 2