Why become a member? ×

Take alook at this, quite funny its a CAR bass

pala

Hi

this guy either has a brilliant sense of humour or he's got a serious head cold,selling his fender but he prolly wont sell it with attitude like this

look at his answers to the questions at footer of page

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POS-74-CAR-Jazz-Bass_W0QQitemZ190295297376QQ"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POS-74-CAR-Jazz-Bass...Z190295297376QQ[/url]

steve

Edited by pala

well, what wateroftyne says makes sense now, but surely he had the option of not bidding anymore and paying the price he did pay, unless of course, it was completely mis-represented in the original listing, duhhhh!!! im sooo sloow.

[quote name='sweeneyjimbob' post='447658' date='Mar 27 2009, 07:38 PM']im a wee bit confused about it, does this make me a bit slow?

does he want people to bid or is he just being an ass?[/quote]

MB1. :)
He just puts it on Ebay to have ago at the U.S shop that sold it him, its supposed to be a original CAR (Candy Apple Red) but it had been refinished.........He doesnt want you to buy it!..(least i dont think so?).... It's been on many times, so i gather he didnt get a refund.

Edited by MB1

Basically he bought it from a well known US trader as 100% original and paid good money for it. When he gets it he discovers it's nowhere near original and he's been ripped. It's his, imho futile effort to shame the trader into refunding him.

Been going on for over 2 years iirc?

And in case anyone is in doubt, the bass was originally sold by tune-o-matic as 100% original. Third party examination has shown that anyone with a reasonable knowledge of Fender basses (let alone someone like TOM who buys and sells them for a living - a very lucrative one at that) would have realised that it is not an original instrument.

Anyone who follows vintage Fender auctions will know that TOM snaps up old basses only to resell them a few weeks later at a considerable markup. I have spotted many `ambiguities' in his auctions, and wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Edit - Personal opinion only, doesn't reflect the view of Basschat etc.

Edited by BB2000

Surely a Paypal dispute should have been raised and he could have got his money back that way ?
Is he a memeber of BC ?
I was just wondering how people know the story behind it.

[quote name='BB2000' post='448225' date='Mar 28 2009, 05:39 PM']And in case anyone is in doubt, the bass was originally sold by tune-o-matic as 100% original. Third party examination has shown that anyone with a reasonable knowledge of Fender basses (let alone someone like TOM who buys and sells them for a living - a very lucrative one at that) would have realised that it is not an original instrument.

Anyone who follows vintage Fender auctions will know that TOM snaps up old basses only to resell them a few weeks later at a considerable markup. I have spotted many `ambiguities' in his auctions, and wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Edit - Personal opinion only, doesn't reflect the view of Basschat etc.[/quote]

[quote name='thebeat' post='448220' date='Mar 28 2009, 05:31 PM']He'd be better saving his listing fees and getting a flight to the US where he could then ram the bass up the original sellers Candy Apple Red arse until his face turns Candy Apple Red.[/quote]
lmcarao :)

[quote name='pala' post='448315' date='Mar 28 2009, 07:02 PM']fair play to him if he can make a living outta buying and selling, beats buyin and sellin cars, until you buy something blind or from a photo, and you get stuffed up the rear end.[/quote]

TOM = tuneomatic, the seller, not the buyer. The fellow who bought the bass was a relative newcomer to the bass and accepted the description given by TOM.

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='448247' date='Mar 28 2009, 07:02 PM']Surely a Paypal dispute should have been raised and he could have got his money back that way ?
Is he a memeber of BC ?
I was just wondering how people know the story behind it.[/quote]

There have been quite a few threads posted here about the guy listing this bass. In one of the auctions he was quite forthcoming about exactly what had happened, describing the seller as 'Gnomes in the Attic' (Tune-o-matic). Basically he was sold the bass as 100% original, but when he took in to a guitar tech it became very obvious that it had had a refinish.

I can only guess that by the time he actually received the bass and took it in to get looked over, it was too late to take it up with ebay.

He has taken on board the question about the 50 quid shipping and re-listed it. :) [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190296978589&ih=009&category=33039&_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DUCC%252BCSP%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D12%26ps%3D35"]linky[/url]

[quote name='tauzero' post='450421' date='Mar 31 2009, 12:09 PM']Let's see if there's a reply to "Do u no anywun that cud do a relic job on this i rekon it would look wikkid"... :)[/quote]

Apparently we're wasting his time........ :rolleyes:

Is he not wasting his own by putting it on and being the butt of our humour?