Why become a member? ×

SWR 350 HEAD AND TRIAD 1 CAB

Stu-khag

hey guys,
Ive decided I need to get rid of this. tried selling last year but didnt try hard enough.
SWR 350 head (pre Fender, the model after the red one). NEW PICS AT BOTTOM (CAPS LOCK MADNESS! ARGGH!)
Ive owned it 3 years. it needed a good service but now in good condition (thanks to Nobles, Cardiff). Ive kept it in a rackmounted flight case. a bit of the front paint has come off the face but not major (pictures to be taken to show this- SEE AT BOTTOM- I SHALL TAKE BETTER PICTURES IF REQUESTED!)
In total, its played around 10 gigs since its been serviced as Ive not been doing anything major thats needed me to take it places.
Hows about £220? (with flight case, can be sold without)
REDUCED TO £200 WITH FLIGHT CASE
Im happy to look into the idea of posting this.
Due to imminent move Im not able to consider trades for this!

CAB IS SOLD
SWR Triad 1 Cab. one of the early ones thats in good working order. a little bit rough around the edges due to being through a few gigs/attacked by my old cat (its got that fuzzy lining on it).

I have one picture of the rig so far which I will upload but will take more pics.

CAB IS NOW SOLD!!!!
head is sold.
all sold for 350

Will sell as a complete rig for £400 but happy to split.

[url="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/stulaws/?action=view&current=swr.jpg"][/url]

Edited by Stu-khag

[quote name='molan' post='444338' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:08 PM']I used to have a Triad - great cab :)[/quote]
+1

I still have one and I love it! Always wanted to add another, but I have an SWR 210 to go with it now, otherwise I would have been very tempted by this!

Anyway, the Triads are great cabs, lighter in weight than my old Peavey 410TVX and have a great full-range sound.. Good luck with the sale :rolleyes:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='444419' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:56 PM']+1

I still have one and I love it! Always wanted to add another, but I have an SWR 210 to go with it now, otherwise I would have been very tempted by this![/quote]

And I had the very same rig too! Good luck with the sale, a really great sounding rig at a crazy cheap prize!

I too had exactly the same rig (just a bit older, my amp had the red face) lovely sound i did struggle to be heard over loud drummers , really liked it though, i may consider this - lee

Edited by lee650

• 3 months later...

I cant say it sounds anything like a cranked up overdriven ampeg and Im not sure what exactly a Gallien or Trace sound like. I have been told its great for Jazz though!
I found it loud enough when I gigged with it...
I played in a kind of space rock band with it and it did me proud. for me it was albout the clean and warm loud sound. I can't say I've ever really played with the controls and tried getting that kind of rocky sound. Someone else may be a better judge of its good for rock

I let a friend do two gigs with it who plays in a hardcore/ metal band - he liked it but wanted an ampeg sound so went out out and bought the ampeg whole kit along with an 8x10 cab

Here's a link to some stuff I use to play and it suited it fine.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/khagool"]http://www.myspace.com/khagool[/url]

Edited by Stu-khag

• 2 weeks later...

apologies for delays- no excuses really- Ive been storing the amp at my old flat.
here's some more pics- you can see a bit where the paint has come off the head a little bit and underneath where the cab material has been dragged a bit due to general wear and tear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...