Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass effects

carlitos71

[quote name='bassplayer88' post='625826' date='Oct 14 2009, 11:15 AM']Vapourware, like phantomware. Ware (where) is it?[/quote]

Done my research now understand that the vapourware is the software the Mark Bass Super Synth will use.

Not a joke.

Apparently thomman will have em in for the end of oct...............

Holding breath......

Going Blue.....

Dead!

[quote name='bassplayer88' post='586742' date='Sep 1 2009, 06:41 PM']The Markbass site indicates that this pedal could be the most advanced synth bass pedal ever! I've gotta admit i'm not mad keen about the design of the box either but is it really a big issue? Don't judge a book by its cover! Unfortunately all we have to go off with this book is the cover at the mo.
Grrr when am i gonna get to read a review/hear clips/read manual!!![/quote]

MB1. :)
....Big Issue???..."Its a bit like Bunty!....but written by Tramps!"....(Pauline/The League Of Gentlemen).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't speak for the synth pedal but I've just bought dangee's Super Booster. Such simple controls and a wealth of sound possibilities. I've tried basses through BDDI, Fishman, Zoom. Much as I can get a great EQed sound through my Zoom, it's not easy to adjust it on the hop. This is so easy and gives me anything from natural sound of the bass to lovely scooped mids. Yum. :)

Hi guys. I thought I'd update you on the situation as I understand it. Here at GAK, we have all of the pedals on order. Currently, we have the Compressor, DI Box, Super Booster and the Chorus/Flanger in stock.

So far, I've been blown away by the pedals we have had in. Even the chorus, an effect that I'm not usually a fan of, is stunning. Loads of control over the effect and lush, rich tones. The compressor is the best of any that we stock and nearly everyone who has tried one has ended up walking away with one.

As for the the availablity of the rest of the range, I can't say for sure. I would suspect that some of them will be here this month but I have no idea if the Super Synth will be one of them.

M

[quote name='spacecowboy' post='652143' date='Nov 12 2009, 12:05 AM']Hi Mark,

Just wondering if the Compressore and Super Synth will be part of the "Take It Away" scheme, just as i plan on picking both of them up when you get the stock as a christmas present to myself.

Cheers,[/quote]

Hello mate. We're not actually part of the Take It Away scheme. We should be set up for it in the new year. However, we are still able to offer interest free finance on most of our products. I'll post on here as soon we get them in stock and we can discuss finance options.

M

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='iamapirate' post='677314' date='Dec 7 2009, 10:50 PM']mark_random, review, please! :)[/quote]

Well, they are finally here, and all I can say is wow. Easily the best synth pedal I have tried. They are huge sounding. Warm and fat with being overly boomy. As for editing, just using the pedal itself yeilds almost unlimited tonal variation and I'm sure the USB (which I have not yet tried, due to my computer being on it's last legs) will unlock a load more sounds. Build quality is chunky, as you would expect from MarkBass, and the LED screen is a very welcome addition.

The two I currently have in stock will probably be the only two I get before Xmas, so if you want one, PM me and I may even be able to knock a couple of quid off the web price for you.

M

[quote name='mark_random' post='677701' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:29 PM']Well, they are finally here, and all I can say is wow. Easily the best synth pedal I have tried. They are huge sounding. Warm and fat with being overly boomy. As for editing, just using the pedal itself yeilds almost unlimited tonal variation and I'm sure the USB (which I have not yet tried, due to my computer being on it's last legs) will unlock a load more sounds. Build quality is chunky, as you would expect from MarkBass, and the LED screen is a very welcome addition.

The two I currently have in stock will probably be the only two I get before Xmas, so if you want one, PM me and I may even be able to knock a couple of quid off the web price for you.

M[/quote]
Do you like it better than the Akai Deep Impact or the Octavius Squeezer?

Edited by squire

[quote name='squire' post='677922' date='Dec 8 2009, 02:14 PM']What is the webprice and do you find it better than the Akai Deep Impact?[/quote]

Hi there. They are online at £266.

As for comparisons with the Deep Impact, I would suggest that it can do a little more. Having now opened up the editing software, the possibilities for experimentation are vastly expanded. Each preset has three oscillators with in depth controls as well as precise control over the envelope, filter and note dynamics. As for sound quality, it's been a long time since I've heard a Deep Impact but I would suggest that it would have to go some to be better than the Super Synth. It is much, much fatter and warmer than any other synth pedal we currently stock and can almost sound keyboardesque given the right tweaking.

Overall, I would say that I am very impressed. The pedal itself offers you plenty of variety and when connected via USB, I would say that most players will easily find the sounds they are after.

[quote name='squire' post='678452' date='Dec 8 2009, 08:55 PM']@Mark:

Did you manage to produce some sounds like this with the Super Synth?

from 0.35 to 1.05

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvaMjASg0Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvaMjASg0Q[/url]

Cheers.[/quote]

I think I bought the actual pedal used in this clip..... funny!!

[quote name='Rich' post='678462' date='Dec 8 2009, 09:07 PM']Given the ludicrous prices Deep Impacts have been going for on fleabay, I'm tempted to flog mine and get the MB unit instead, and pocket the change :)[/quote]

Hmmm I'm thinking the same.... I may let one of mine go too....