Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass effects

carlitos71

I've just noticed on the Bass Centre's website they have em.

[url="http://www.basscentre.com/bass-effects/order/2/"]http://www.basscentre.com/bass-effects/order/2/[/url]

£258 is a slightly better price for the synth.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='463719' date='Apr 16 2009, 10:21 AM']Well, the Bass Centre site has a tick to say they have them in stock, and they're London SE1 which isn't far from me... Tempted to pop in![/quote]
you realise theyre just a warehouse these days, or can you still go and try stuff out in the warehouse?

Peter Murray (MB's Marketing Bod) posted this over on TalkBS on 2nd April:

"All of the pedals are going into production this month (April) except the Octaver and Super Synth, which will both come later in the year.
Cheers from Frankfurt!
Peter"

So it looks like there could be a wait for the Synth and Octaver.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot stand the ashdown pedals. Because these are a rip of their design (why!!!), it actually really puts me off even considering one, stupid as it is :) Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to put them in that sort of enclosure?

[quote name='Kev' post='586634' date='Sep 1 2009, 04:35 PM']I cannot stand the ashdown pedals. Because these are a rip of their design (why!!!), it actually really puts me off even considering one, stupid as it is :) Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to put them in that sort of enclosure?[/quote]

The Markbass site indicates that this pedal could be the most advanced synth bass pedal ever! I've gotta admit i'm not mad keen about the design of the box either but is it really a big issue? Don't judge a book by its cover! Unfortunately all we have to go off with this book is the cover at the mo.
Grrr when am i gonna get to read a review/hear clips/read manual!!!

[quote name='bassplayer88' post='586742' date='Sep 1 2009, 06:41 PM']The Markbass site indicates that this pedal could be the most advanced synth bass pedal ever! I've gotta admit i'm not mad keen about the design of the box either but is it really a big issue? Don't judge a book by its cover! [b]Unfortunately all we have to go off with this book is the cover at the mo[/b].
Grrr when am i gonna get to read a review/hear clips/read manual!!![/quote]
Exactly. Its very easy to imply that it is the best bass synth pedal ever, but will it actually deliver? Definitly need to try one out. IME listening to sound samples don't really give you an accurate indication of what a synth pedal can do. I was very much looking forward to the chunk synth, but after hearing the sound samples i was very dissapointed, but apparantly its a very good synth.

[quote name='Kev' post='586760' date='Sep 1 2009, 07:03 PM']Exactly. Its very easy to imply that it is the best bass synth pedal ever, but will it actually deliver? Definitly need to try one out. IME listening to sound samples don't really give you an accurate indication of what a synth pedal can do. I was very much looking forward to the chunk synth, but after hearing the sound samples i was very dissapointed, but apparantly its a very good synth.[/quote]

Yeah ive got to admit im not blown away by the chunk OS samples aswell. The reason I dont think its very good is cos its limited to one oscillator like all the predecessors (G5, Deep Impact etc etc). Fingers crossed the markbass will deliver. Surely some of the other pedals in the range have actually hit the shelves by now? If we get an idea of the quality of those versus well known makes we can begin to predict if the super synth will live up to expectations.

Anybody?

• 2 weeks later...

Its a bit mean to blame retailers like GAK for the lack of availabilty of these pedals.
Manufacturers and distributors often give retailers false E.T.A's on release dates in order to get the retailer to advertise it early, so as to build a buzz about the product.
Typical cynical marketing BS.

Obviously the retailer will happily take deposits on pre orders, but they have absolutely no control over the manufacturers shiping schedules.

I must admit, I'm not too interested in these pedals, except for the synth one.

[quote name='Wud' post='600795' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:02 PM']Its a bit mean to blame retailers like GAK for the lack of availabilty of these pedals.
Manufacturers and distributors often give retailers false E.T.A's on release dates in order to get the retailer to advertise it early, so as to build a buzz about the product.
Typical cynical marketing BS.[/quote]

+1, I work in a bookshop and the things get releasedd and we end up getting them weeks later, even though we pre-ordered them. Ok, it's slightly different here. I remember opening up a box to find they had been ordered a month ago! And it's meant to be next day delivery!

• 4 weeks later...