Kevsy71

SOLD Yamaha TRB II 5-string, free UK postage
£400
Tonbridge, Kent

For sale only: Yamaha TRB II 5 string.

20201209_085353.thumb.jpg.4b4c29d67eae4f366e94e344051f4805.jpg

35" scale for a mighty B string, and an active B/M/T pre with volume/blend. Purchased from Brother Jones of this parish but now need to make space for impending house move...

43mm nut

4.6 kg

19mm spacing at bridge 

Condition:

Cosmetically as per photos, one small dent on front shown.

Fully working order and a lovely player.

All controls work well, although the centre detentes don't 'bite' as much as they maybe should. But the pots hold their position and I've never had a problem.

Comes with gig bag, of which the pocket zip doesn't work but the main bag zip does.

Will ship for free in UK by Parcelforce 48

My feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/235157-kevsy71/

Cheers!

Kev

20201209_083612.thumb.jpg.fbe0e51978914c1b3a1f0fa816708d08.jpg20201209_083620.thumb.jpg.ba04f9e40d57068bc718fbf7e7ebd546.jpg20201209_083649.thumb.jpg.e3a1f1084ee889bc2bc2090048fb4999.jpg20201209_083706.thumb.jpg.a82b2b841dc89ac9fb12db86ff15fefe.jpg20201209_085420.thumb.jpg.67cedfc645746924a1613cd21600f54f.jpg

Edited by Kevsy71
sold
  • Like 6

I think @jhk has a similar bass - sounded amazing at the SE Bash.

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

This is an exceptional bass at an incredible price. If I hadn’t just bought a new boiler I’d buy this. Bawls.

• Thanks 1

Oh, I remember this :)

Yep, as others say, and speaking more specifically as its ex-owner, this will make someone very happy. And this price is outstanding VFM. And Kevsy is very good to deal with!

• Thanks 1

Can't believe this is still here! I'm currently trying to sell a later version of this (1005) if I could I'd be straight in on this 😁

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Can't believe this is still here! I'm currently trying to sell a later version of this (1005) if I could I'd be straight in on this 😁

Gnnn, likewise - or, rather, I'm not trying to sell but I'm having to really restrain myself from buying this to replace my TRB1005J.

• Like 1

I had a fretless of this. Awesome - GLWTS. I love my custom bass (GB) but it's nice to know that in a post-nuclear environment, me and the 'roaches can find a Yammy and get a great bass... Industry standard!

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 1966powers
      Yamaha TRB John Patitucci Signature Bass  in good condition + Harvest Leather Bass Bag  in good condition too.   

Details:
      YAMAHA TRB JP2
      Weight: 11,24 lbs / 5,1 kg.
      Scale: 35” 
      Bridge: 19mm 
      26 frets
      Nut: 2 3/16”
      Radius: 40” 
      Body: Alder and Ash (layered), with Quilt Maple top and back
      Neck: Maple 3 pcs
      Fingerboard: Ebony
      Bolt-on neck 
      Hardware: Gold; Tuners have white perloid pegheads
      Pickups: Alnico V hum cancelling
      Electronics: Volume, Blend, 3 band EQ (+/- Treble Mid Bass) N.B. the mid control is continuous, as opposed to the 3-way rotary selector switch found on the earlier TRB JP model and other TRBs/BBs
      Mother of Pearl and Abalone inlays, gloss finish.

HARVEST LEATHER BASS BAG
      Cow Antique. Calf leather in retro look. 

• By TorVic
      Cash Price: 1150eur / 1035GBP + shipping (trade price 1350eur)  
      (Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)
      Selling this Mike Sabre bass (the DDP-I model) that I bought here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/343402-sold-mike-sabre-5-string/?tab=comments#comment-3760972
      *Will ship in a generic hard-case.  
      Website: http://www.mike-sabre.com/Models/DDiPiazzaModels/SignatureModel/signaturemodel.html
      Weight: 4.2kg
      Current strings: E-C
      Spec from website: 
      Nud width :
      - 4 strings : 1-1/16"(42,85 mm) / 1-1/2"(38,10 mm)
      - 5 strings : 1-3/4"(44,45 mm) / 1-7/8"(47,62 mm)
      Width at last fret :
      - 4 strings : 2 5/8" (66 mm)
      - 5 cordes : 2.906" (74 mm)
      Fingerboard radius : 10°
      Scale length : 34" (866 cm)
      Number of frets : 24
      Neck :
      - One piece quarter-sawn maple
      - Asymmetric back shape
      - Triple reinforced Truss Rod System
      - WARMOTH construction
      Fingerboard wood : Pau Ferro
      Fret size : 6105 "Hard nickel siver 18%"
      Body wood : Alder
      Tuners : Schaller BML Light Bass
      Bridge : Dominique Di Piazza Fretless Bridge
      String spacing at bridge:
      - 4 strings : 3/4" (19 mm)
      - 5 strings : 17 mm
      Pickups :  two pickups EMG
      Electronic :
      - Volume, Volume, Tone
      Finger ramp : Acajou
      Finish : Clear gloss

• By TorVic
      (Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)
      Cash Price dropped: 1500eur / 1350 GBP + shipping (trade price 1759eur)  
      Got this here and it is still like new! Only played occasionally at home. Selling to fund another purchase - no trades
      Here's the description borrowed from the previous sale: 
      New price: 2565 USD (bass) + 300 USD (shipping costs) + 687 USD import costs = 3552USD / 3152Euro / 2790GBP 34 "scale lightweight Swamp Ash body with Wengé veneer and Brazillian Olive wood top 7 piece Maple / Wengé neck with a nice dark piece Ebony for the fretboard 24 fret lines with dot markings on the side of the neck 2 Nordstrand Zen blade pickups passive Volume / Balance / Tone Ebony ramp (slides in - not affixed with any adhesive)  Gotoh tuners and mono-rail bridges  weight ~4.4 kg website: https://mgbassguitars.com/ 

• By nige1968
      Turns out I really need £350, and how is this German-built five-string two-pickup bass not worth such a paltry amount? Rhetorical question, btw.
      Anyway, AYMBA, before the Rockbass thing, Warwick produced these entry-level passive Streamers in Germany. This one is the 5-string, 2-pickup model, built in September 2000. The body is carolena (pine, apparently) and the neck is ovangkol. Natural oil finish and one-piece bridge. Sounds very nice too, though the output seems a bit quieter than most basses -- I understand that's down to the pots used on this model, but haven't got around to replacing them. Proper solid chunky wood, hence 4.2kg / 9.26lb. Comes in a Warwick gig bag ('proudly made with RokTex©'). Some wear and tear to the body if you look closely. Strung low E to high C.
      Sensible offers entertained. Sorry, no overseas postage. Not keen to post at all, in fact, but might be persuadable within the UK.
      OK, £275 anyone? Pretty much what you'd pay for a cheapo Rockbass, only you get a proper German one to show off to your mates and feel all growed up.
      All the pics:

• By jay-syncro
      A lovely early 80's Yamaha JB600R Jazz up for grabs. These are exceptional jazz basses and every bit as good as early JV Squiers IMO. 
      This one has a beautifully dark rosewood board and a rather fetching Larry Graham style white finish. It weighs just 8.5lbs, is perfectly balanced, sounds great and comes with a nice gig bag. 
      The flats currently on it aren't included (it'll come with rounds) but I seriously recommend the buyer throws some flats on it. Perfect bass tone 😍
      I'd keep this one but I seem to have accidentally acquired a matching black one..