Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady in New colours

AndyTravis

28 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Every photo shows the blue as a different colour. The more turquoise-y ones look nice but the others are quite nasty IMO. I would be very disappointed if I bought one and it turned out more grey than turquoise.

the good thing is that we've got Andy to be your Guiana pig

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Just look at it!

20071532170-body-large.jpg

Well, for a start, that’s a gloss finish but the photo Andy posted earlier (with both the red and blue in the same picture) appears to be more of a matte/satin finish. What the hell is going on here??

Edited by CameronJ

3 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Well, for a start, that’s a gloss finish but the photo Andy posted earlier (with both the red and blue in the same picture) appears to be more of a matte/satin finish. What the hell is going on here??

We’ll find out tomorrow 🥸

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Every photo shows the blue as a different colour. The more turquoise-y ones look nice but the others are quite nasty IMO. I would be very disappointed if I bought one and it turned out more grey than turquoise.

The picture with the brick background looks a bit like Gretsch “Aspen Green” which is no bad thing...

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

I think that’s just the angle/lighting playing tricks. I don’t think Epiphone ever offered a matte finish on a Jack Casady so it’ll be weird if they start now with only one colour in the range!

29 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Oooh! Mystery potentially solved. That looks lovely.

Yes and no. Maybe we know if it’s shiny, but I just assumed the ‘red’ would be like the previous one but this appears to be sparkly, like Candy Apple Red. If so, it’ll be a tough decision!