Why become a member? ×

Track 10 is For Sale

stewblack

6 hours ago, ahpook said:

OK.

I'm still not sure I understand, but I suspect I'm not supposed to.

Thanks for posting the video though 👍

the video was just a bit of fun, never take JS too seriously. I think this is another creative way to monetise their project. while more established bands bemoan the lack of money in the music business these days , outfits like Vulfpeck embrace any and every way they can to popularise and earn from their art. 

I have nothing but respect for them. Apart from being genuinely funny, creative, and incredibly hard working musicians they are so very talented  We all know how good Joe Dart is, Theo is, for me, the best songwriter working today, Woody is such a great musician and Cory Wong solo or as part of the 'Peck' creates beautiful uplifting music. 

If this idea to 'sell' a track on their next album earns them enough to make another vinyl possible then I for one will be very very happy. 

If you don't like them or their work ethic and business methods, that's fine too. There's lots of other musicians, plenty to go around. 

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

the video was just a bit of fun, never take JS too seriously. I think this is another creative way to monetise their project. while more established bands bemoan the lack of money in the music business these days , outfits like Vulfpeck embrace any and every way they can to popularise and earn from their art. 

I have nothing but respect for them. Apart from being genuinely funny, creative, and incredibly hard working musicians they are so very talented  We all know how good Joe Dart is, Theo is, for me, the best songwriter working today, Woody is such a great musician and Cory Wong solo or as part of the 'Peck' creates beautiful uplifting music. 

If this idea to 'sell' a track on their next album earns them enough to make another vinyl possible then I for one will be very very happy. 

If you don't like them or their work ethic and business methods, that's fine too. There's lots of other musicians, plenty to go around. 

You seem to have mistaken me scratching my head about this style of marketing to be me not approving of it. This isn't the case at all, it just goes waaaay over my head, as a lot of internet stuff does these days. I was honestly trying to see if I could understand, not judge at all.

I neither dislike or like the chap, I wish him nothing but good things.

Edited by ahpook

1 minute ago, ahpook said:

You seem to have mistaken me scratching my head about this style of marketing to be me not approving of it. This isn't the case at all, it just goes waaaay over my head, as a lot of internet stuff does these days.

I neither dislike or like the chap or his band, I wish them nothing but good things.

Sorry  I started off answering you then kind of drifted off into a general Vulfpeck love in 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

None of that was aimed at you past the first sentence.

I see how it came across, really sorry about that.

I should A) read before I post and B) not post at all when full of pain medication. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewblack said:

Sorry  I started off answering you then kind of drifted off into a general Vulfpeck love in 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

None of that was aimed at you past the first sentence.

I see how it came across, really sorry about that.

I should A) read before I post and B) not post at all when full of pain medication. 

We're just two cool cats chewing the fat.

:) 👍:)

• 4 weeks later...