Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fenders

Reggaebass

Joint ownership is actually something people do. Joe Bonamassa and Charlie Daughtry buy guitars jointly and arrange periods of time when they reside with each of the two owners. It means they can buy really high end gear and enjoy it, but for half the price.

Rob

Then I am following in the footsteps of giants. How much time do you think I would get with £500 for a 59 Les Paul owned by Bonamassa? I'm happy to let him have it for a few weeks a year as he does have a few gigs arranged.

5 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Then I am following in the footsteps of giants. How much time do you think I would get with £500 for a 59 Les Paul owned by Bonamassa? I'm happy to let him have it for a few weeks a year as he does have a few gigs arranged.

Not sure what he might say. I could probably ask him. Here's a pic from a few years ago, that's me at the back on the left sitting on the vintage Marshall playing a few licks on his '59 Les Paul "Carmelita", and Joe B himself playing rhythm for me on a '58 Les Paul previously owned by Mick Ralphs of Bad Company.

Rob

Rob and Joe B.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rwillett said:

So if 45 of us each do £500, we're there. 

That means we each get it for 194 hours per year. That's over a week, a whole week. 

I'm happy to act as the distribution hub so people can collect and drop off. No charge for this service. 

So we only need another 43 of us....

I wouldn’t sleep for that week

• Like 1

Fred keeps asking if the bass can be his when I'm dead, seems like he's hoping I'll snuff it soon! I said it'll be sold on the open market and if he wants to put a bid in, that's fine.

IMG_8828.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, ped said:

Fred keeps asking if the bass can be his when I'm dead, seems like he's hoping I'll snuff it soon! I said it'll be sold on the open market and if he wants to put a bid in, that's fine.

IMG_8828.jpeg

Is there a familial likeness there, or is it just the shades?  Great photo!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ped said:

IMG_8828.jpeg

This picture, it reminds me about the great headphones which where destroyed by my cat - the headphones died at age 10, but the cat died when she was 20.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, nilorius said:

This picture, it reminds me about the great headphones which where destroyed by my cat - the headphones died at age 10, but the cat died when she was 20.

@nilorius

You forgot to mention that when the cat destroyed the headphones, she was 19 years and 364 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds old.

• Haha 2

On 20/04/2024 at 15:33, Old Man Riva said:

“This 1-owner bass came to us via the cousin of its original owner… He played the bass locally in bands until the early 80s when he sadly passed away. Since then the bass has remained in its case with his cousin.

Blimey, how big’s the case?! Or how big’s the cousin?!

We should get a few Gs knocked off as it will probably stink of dead cousin. Maybe a couple more if we promise not to get the law involved... 🤔 

• Haha 4

I had a ‘68 with Lollipops from the same timeline and the paint was starting to peel off on mine too (see pic) as it looks like it is on this - could have been a painting issue back then maybe? 

I was interested in this, but I’m too far away to collect & when I asked if he would consider posting it to me, he started saying that it would be completely at my own risk, wasn’t convinced that the homemade case would be strong enough to withstand the journey etc, etc☹️☹️

IMG_8766.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dodgnofski said:

I had a ‘68 with Lollipops from the same timeline and the paint was starting to peel off on mine too (see pic) as it looks like it is on this - could have been a painting issue back then maybe? 

I was interested in this, but I’m too far away to collect & when I asked if he would consider posting it to me, he started saying that it would be completely at my own risk, wasn’t convinced that the homemade case would be strong enough to withstand the journey etc, etc☹️☹️

IMG_8766.jpeg

Precision of doom.😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miles'tone said:

If that was even remotely close to me I'd be going to check it out. Seems like a good price for these times.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J66Bass said:

Is all fender precision period 64 to 69 have a C Neck and  44….mm at the width nut ? Is there some narrow one ? Please 

In 68 they changed to B neck 40- 42mm , I have seen a 67 B but not very many around 

• Thanks 1