Why become a member? ×

Just Fender Elite left

Jamesemt

After a long slog through literally loads of basses I've found my ideal gigging bass - the first bass I ever bought, a Hohner Jack bass.

So I've decided to thin the herd slightly.

First off is an immaculate CIJ Fender Jazz in Ocean Torquiose, with pickups from a US 62 reissue, Hipshot Ultralites and a stack knob configuration. Also comes with straplocks. Rosewood. Comes with a ropey case. SOLD

Secondly is a parts 70s P in sunburst which used to belong to Beedster. I swore blind to him that I had found 'the one' and would never sell it but it's just a bit too heavy for my dodgy shoulders - though by no means is it a heavy example. The body was refinished by Martin Simms and is awesome - the grain almost looks 3D. It's all original apart from the pickguard/knobs/straplocks and pickup (from what I can remember - Beedster may be able to clarify). Will throw in a new shape fitted Fender case (like you get with the new standards) which apparently retails for £150. Pictures swiped from Beedster below (hope thats OK mate?)sold

Thirdly is a truly immaculate Elite 1 in black and maple with stunning gold hardware. Bought as an investment with the original case - I'm just not that into Fenders any more :) I did advertise this for sale a while ago and agreed to do a deal with someone but had a lot of things going on at home. So if you are reading this, appologies. Absolutely immaculate, looks six months old. Pictures from the website I bought it from are here: [url="http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/sold_basses/fender_elite.htm"]http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/sol...ender_elite.htm[/url]

I'm accepting offers on these - would really prefer a part ex with a Hohner Jack as I'd like a second as a backup. Will post pictures if there is any interest.
Will also consider swapping for decent digital camera gear - Canon lenses mainly. Can deliver for fuel costs up to about 200 miles from Hull, which is likely to cost you £40.

Edited by Jamesemt

Unless I'm going mad James the PUP is original, or at least, being the '70's Fender PUP that what on the bass when I bought it, it's as close as you'll get to being able to say so (probbably what Greeneking on here calls 'authentic' as opposed to 'original'). Apologies if I'm wrong!
Great, great Precision by the way. Classic 70's thump and a breathtaking finish - Martin Simms excelled himself :)
Chris

MB1. :)
Hello
Blimey!... James!
Have seen all these Basses in the flesh and there all Dam Good Stuff!....(i supplied the new Fender case..and they are that expensive......and indestructible.....Thomann £144)
James is a great chap to trade/buy from......Well worth a visit!....
All The Best!
Martin.

[quote name='MB1' post='432190' date='Mar 12 2009, 09:58 AM']MB1. :)
Hello
Blimey!... James!
Have seen all these Basses in the flesh and there all Dam Good Stuff!....(i supplied the new Fender case..and they are that expensive......and indestructible.....Thomann £144)
James is a great chap to trade/buy from......Well worth a visit!....
All The Best!
Martin.[/quote]

Thanks guys - strange that I've gone full circle with the basses. Been struggling to find a bass that sounded good with the band, and the jack fits the bill...

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='432211' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:20 AM']Thanks guys - strange that I've gone full circle with the basses. Been struggling to find a bass that sounded good with the band, and the jack fits the bill...[/quote]

Back in the dim and distant past, I had a Hohner Jack Custom, and yep... it was a fantastic bass.

I [i]think[/i] I pm'd you about the Jazz...

Secondly is a parts 70s P in sunburst which used to belong to Beedster. I swore blind to him that I had found 'the one' and would never sell it but it's just a bit too heavy for my dodgy shoulders - though by no means is it a heavy example. The body was refinished by Martin Simms and is awesome - the grain almost looks 3D. It's all original apart from the pickguard/knobs/straplocks and pickup (from what I can remember - Beedster may be able to clarify). Will throw in a new shape fitted Fender case (like you get with the new standards) which apparently retails for £150. Pictures swiped from Beedster below (hope thats OK mate?)

Sold to Me!!!! :)

Will.

Edited by 2x18