Why become a member? ×

Teaser.... NOT ANY MORE IT AIN'T !!!

The Burpster

Well folks the project is nearing completion, and I will put some pics on when its done......

Receipe?
Take one well used 1981 Ibanez Blazer,
dissect,
dress frets,
rebuild with the finest (IMHO) new components and,
re wire.
Set up,
rout & fit jack socket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologise for 'schaller catalogue' approach to parts but, they work.....

Schaller BML tuners
--"--- 3D Bridge
--"--- PBX pup
--"--- Straplocks
Switchcraft electrics and jack plate.
Hand crafted scratch plate.
D'addario Chromes (what else?)

Enjoy....... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey wow, someone dug my baby out for another airing....

Well update time.

If its possible it looks and sounds even better now as I have a Clover 3 string tree on the headstock so the break angle is the same for all 4 strings which are Rotosound 88´s so they are Black with gold binding....

Very Herbie and very cool..

Hummmn better than new eh?

Not sure about that as I didnt have when it was, However it certainly is the best it can be now..........

Maybe thats what we should be aiming for... get the best woods from the time when wood wasnt "scarce :) " and put the best that modern tech can throw at it...

Now theres a thought!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='104693' date='Dec 15 2007, 04:53 PM']Squirt. ^_^[/quote]

I left school with one of those.....thought I deserved it seeing as I was the ONLY bassplayer at my school! Sold it to a hippy for 30 quid (DOH!)

It probably still has Craigroyston High School engraved on the back with a nail.......

Great bass....yours is lookin Niiiiice! :)

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='105687' date='Dec 18 2007, 01:36 AM']That's exactly the same as the first serious bass I bought when I started working after leaving school. Same wood, black scratchplate, etc.

I look at that now, and it makes me absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach that I let it go!

Beautiful instrument. Well done.[/quote]

Mine was brown but otherwise the same.
First bass i ever owned and totally regret selling it

My second was a Westone Thunder 1A as well. loved that but the Ibanez holds a special place. The neck was fantastic.

Good job on fixing her up.

Edited by dave_bass5

Thanks guys. It holds a special place for me as well as the history my best mate and guitarist has with his 6 string version (that I renovated as I have my bass), in fact it´s because I did that guitar and was soo impressed by its quality that I got this bass.

All I can say to you previous owners is that you must be sick as parrots having got rid of them, as not only is this a good bass compared t what was around at the time.... it is a good bass compared to whats around NOW!

I love it!