Why become a member? ×

Fun lines...

Eight

I searched but am not sure if we've done this before.

I realised this morning that I've been taking my bass practice way too seriously of late.

So what suggestions have you got for basslines/songs that are just pure unadultered fun to play along with. Doesn't need to be tricky or even interesting, just good ol' fashioned ear-to-ear grinning hillarity.

[quote name='Eight' post='427061' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:58 AM']I searched but am not sure if we've done this before.

I realised this morning that I've been taking my bass practice way too seriously of late.

So what suggestions have you got for basslines/songs that are just pure unadultered fun to play along with. Doesn't need to be tricky or even interesting, just good ol' fashioned ear-to-ear grinning hillarity.[/quote]

Two from me...

Sir Duke and The (original) theme from Grange Hill.

[quote name='RayFW' post='427076' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:08 PM']Two that always put a smile on my face and get my head nodding are Shaky Ground by The Temptations and I Get High On You by Sly and the Family Stone.[/quote]

Shakey Ground... good call.

Phish's version of Boogie On Reggae Woman also quite amusing...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='427077' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:08 PM']I love tv themes... check out the bassline on duck tales or rescue rangers... oh and tale spin.[/quote]

:)

We tried to jam through Ducktales at a rehearsal a while back. Old kids TV themes are awesome.

Could I also add the ending theme to the Raccoons?

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='427137' date='Mar 6 2009, 01:02 PM']...and Tales From The Riverbank.[/quote]
Spooky - I've been practising that this morning. Used to do it years ago as a little jokey solo/intro & thinking about reviving it for a gig tomorrow.

+1 to Grange Hill - or Chicken Man, to give it it's proper title. Great fun bass part & near-obligatory when it was current! :)

Jon.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='427077' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:08 PM']I love tv themes... check out the bassline on duck tales or rescue rangers... oh and tale spin.[/quote]

Reminded me of one of our first gigs, I warn you this is poor.

Now I'm pining for my old P-bass Special I swear if I ever find the guy who stole it.....