Why become a member? ×

Champ Bass Strings?

chrisaxe

Personally I would be wary of a full set of strings that cost the same as a single string from one of the big string makers, places like strings direct have options that start under 20 quid or there was a set of short scale ernie ball slinkys in the marketplace last time I looked. 

Matt 

Alice strings sell for around a fiver - used them on one bass for what seemed like forever - sold the bass before they went off...

They've gone up..£6.87

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Light-4-String-Electric-Bass-Strings-Bass-Guitar-Strings-Nickel-Alloy-Wound/222569602427?hash=item33d22e9d7b:g:wmkAAOSwyltZW0gT

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt P said:

Personally I would be wary of a full set of strings that cost the same as a single string from one of the big string makers, places like strings direct have options that start under 20 quid or there was a set of short scale ernie ball slinkys in the marketplace last time I looked. 

Matt 

I used to use strings that cost a fiver a set, for around a ten year period of gigging. Can't remember the brand but the packet was black with cerise writing and a lion on the front. Had no problems at all with them at all, good tone and lasted a long time. 

I now prefer half rounds. 

I have a set of Harley Bentons coming with an order sometime soon. Too cheap not to at least try. 

Have to say though the strings I've tried from the Bass Centre have been exceptionally good. 

Stadium Elites and Detroit Flats. If money was no object I'd have them on all my basses. 

22 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I have a set of Harley Bentons coming with an order sometime soon. Too cheap not to at least try. 

Have to say though the strings I've tried from the Bass Centre have been exceptionally good. 

Stadium Elites and Detroit Flats. If money was no object I'd have them on all my basses. 

Which HB's? Have you tried the J&D (DV247 home brand) 75 jazz, slap some flats on that and you'll have a decent bass for peanuts. 😎

• Like 1

• 1 year later...