Why become a member? ×

Spectacle Elvis Costello

yorks5stringer

Just stumbled across these on YT:

Police, Sir Elton John, Tony Bennett, Lou Reed, John Mellencamp, Norah Jones and James Taylor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLq5LTEgCkosi4HJzd5RgQ

A nice way to spend an hour or so listening to the music and background to it

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

He lost a bit of credibility with me when I found his dad is the person on the R White's Lemonade ad..you know the one I mean.

Yup, Ross McManus. He sang with the Joe Loss Orchestra in the 50’s. I backed him once in a club, nice fella. 

On 13/04/2020 at 14:37, casapete said:

Yup, Ross McManus. He sang with the Joe Loss Orchestra in the 50’s. I backed him once in a club, nice fella. 

In massively tenuous link, the Joe Loss Orchestra played at a posh wedding I went to about 10 years ago.

So I can now say I once saw a band who once had a singer who was Elvis Costello’s dad. 

• Like 1

I was at an EC gig at Portsmouth Guildhall back in the days of TOTP. It was a Wednesday night and the band were still in London recording the backing for the next might's show (I think Nick Lowe was depping on bass too). He came out on his own and did about an hour before the rest of the band arrived and they started again.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

In massively tenuous link, the Joe Loss Orchestra played at a posh wedding I went to about 10 years ago.

So I can now say I once saw a band who once had a singer who was Elvis Costello’s dad. 

Alas Joe Loss's brother, Dead Loss is no longer with us....

• Haha 1