Left leaderboard
Steve Brisley

Musicman Stingray V
£1250
Peterborough

Posted (edited)

Purchased in 2019. MusicMan Stingray V 3EQ Active Bass Guitar. White with Maple neck.

This was my dream bass and I'm reluctant to sell, however .I'm moving to NYC

Available to pick up in Lincoln.

Apart from a tiny dink on the neck which I've tried to capture that doesn't affect playing whatsoever this 12 month old bass is in great condition 

pic1.jpeg

pic2.jpeg

pic3.jpeg

pic4.jpeg

pic5.jpeg

Edited by Steve Brisley
  • Like 1

Hey buddy - same as above - what's the weight on this one? interested in trades/ upgrades to an Alpher or Sadowsky?

I’ll try dig out some scales and put the weight up when I do! Looking for cash for this one as I’m moving to the states and want to thin down what I’m taking over! 

Hi, I'm confused by this as I don't think Music Man were making non stingray specials/classics by 2019 and this doesn't appear to be either. Are you sure this was made in 2019 and not just bought then? 

Thanks for your comment as I would not want to mislead and do no know the timeline of MusicMan models. I just went to a few stores stores in 2019 and tried out several new stingrays and this sounded best! I’ve edited the post to reflect that.

• Like 1

So I believe this bass is around 4.3 kg. Weighed it with myself and that was the difference. Unfortunately the link above worked but didn’t display weight. 

So, when was it made, then ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bloopdad1
      Hi all
      For sale - Custom built Overwater Progress 3 Deluxe 5 string. AAA birds eye maple top over walnut wood body (personally chose the wood for this build). Unmarked satin finish. 
      5 string through neck 36" scale (18mm string spacing at the bridge). New Overwater nickel light strings. Stunning build quality and has a gorgeous neck. No fret wear, rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl dots.
      The neck has purple heart stringers around maple (5 piece neck) with rock stable tuners. Original OW soapbar pickups with vol, pickup pan, treble, mid and bass. 9vdc active circuit - original John East electronics. As well as a standard output it has a built-in XLR balanced out to go direct to the desk etc. Built for me by Chris and Martin in 2001. Has Chris May's signature inside the electronics cover. 
      Some black paint is scuffed on the bottom edge of the bridge and the brass saddles are a bit tarnished (I'll polish them first) 
      Original Overwater supplied hard case included (I think it's a Hiscocks case?). I'd rather not send via a courier - I can drive to deliver with in reason or meet half way. 
      I've had this bass since new (never thought I'd sell it), I'm very careful with all my instruments and it's been pampered all its life. 
      Thanks for looking 

• By benh
      So after much deliberation I've decided to go with something a bit different in my bass. So these are up for sale - Nordstrand Big Splits in Ibanez SR spacing (16.5mm), P2 shape (108mm x 32mm) so fits in the Bartolini MK1 routs. Comes with black pickup screws. Price includes postage.

• By TBBassist2011
      Hi all, 
      SALE PRICE: 600, 500 480 - SHIPPED. DETAILS BELOW. 
      TRADE ITEMS: No longer interested in trade items. 
      I'm listing my Warwick RockBass Star Bass 5 String for sale or for trade for particular items! I'm not quite sure the value of the RockBass model currently, but I'm aware of recent listings, as well as the basses value new from Andertons and Thomann etc. I bought the bass last year from someone who had looked after the bass very well, and hadn't had chance to gig the bass. I'd bought it for a country project, but it didn't work out, and in the end never got gigged - as such, it's been sat in my studio for the past 12 months untouched, mainly in it's hard case. It had fresh strings and a set up at the time, and of course has been kept well at the studio. The only damage to report was made by the previous owner, and is on the lower heel right at the top. It is a very very small paint chip, but of course is worth mentioning. 
      In the current situation, contact-less pickup is of course accepted, or I can courier this, either hard case or soft case. 
      The bass works and sounds perfect, electronics are in order and plays great. 
      Thanks!

• By drewk_ie
      So with an imminent arrival of a new bass 😉, I’ve decided to sell my Pre EB ‘82 Stingray... four bolt neck, the neck is straight, trussrod has life left, frets are in pretty good shape. Original preamp with electrolytic capacitors, linear taper volume pot, factory installed protection resister etc and is all very musical and effective, and gives with the pickup that sound only pre-EBs got, as we all well know! 
      Easy to play with a nice low-medium action, a comfy C-shaped neck and an instrument on light side for a Stingray, weighing in at 9lbs.
      Every part of the bass (except strings and 9V battery of course !) is original. There's no date stamp on the neck-heel, but it does happen, as you can see on Music Man inventory (musicmanbass.global).
      The bass has a very beautiful dark veneer rosewood fingerboard, which was a custom order option at this time I believe.
      Serial number B023268
      Bass will be sold with a soft case.
      Priced at £1760 Including shipping, (fees/duty etc if applicable to your location are not included).

For trades, only items I would be interested in would be either a Pre EB olympic white fretless Stingray or fretted Sabre.