Steve Brisley

Musicman Stingray V Price Drop £1100
£1250
Peterborough

Purchased in 2019. MusicMan Stingray V 3EQ Active Bass Guitar. White with Maple neck.

This was my dream bass and I'm reluctant to sell, however .I'm moving to NYC

Available to pick up in Peterborough 

Apart from a tiny dink on the neck which I've tried to capture that doesn't affect playing whatsoever this 12 month old bass is in great condition 

pic1.jpeg

pic2.jpeg

pic3.jpeg

pic4.jpeg

pic5.jpeg

Edited by Steve Brisley
  • Like 6

Hey buddy - same as above - what's the weight on this one? interested in trades/ upgrades to an Alpher or Sadowsky?

• Like 1

I’ll try dig out some scales and put the weight up when I do! Looking for cash for this one as I’m moving to the states and want to thin down what I’m taking over! 

Hi, I'm confused by this as I don't think Music Man were making non stingray specials/classics by 2019 and this doesn't appear to be either. Are you sure this was made in 2019 and not just bought then? 

Thanks for your comment as I would not want to mislead and do no know the timeline of MusicMan models. I just went to a few stores stores in 2019 and tried out several new stingrays and this sounded best! I’ve edited the post to reflect that.

• Like 1

So I believe this bass is around 4.3 kg. Weighed it with myself and that was the difference. Unfortunately the link above worked but didn’t display weight. 

Thanks Pinball!! Agreed by me. I love this bass, definitely buying another stingray when I get to NYC. Maybe it’s because it was based in Lincoln, now it’s in Peterborough so hopefully that helps... 

On 28/08/2020 at 12:25, SzunaP said:

Don't need more basses, Don't need more basses, Don't need more basses...  :D

I wish someone would hurry up and buy this bass - as it is a beaut, & I don't need any more basses either. (I have too many as it is)

GLWTS

• Like 1

Anyone who knows me will know why I have to give this post a much-deserved bump! ;)
And from one Steve to another, good luck in the big apple and I hope you find a nice 'Ray5 stateside. :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72deluxe
      WITHDRAWN

I am selling my Korean "ProSeries StarBass 5 Gold Metallic CHR passive/passive MAP fretted" (that's Warwick's description). I am trying to play fretless more these days and this is just not getting played enough.
      This is a passive instrument (no 9V batteries hurray) and is capable of "vintage" tones so it doesn't sound like a midrange-heavy solid-body Warwick. Serial number WPS B-000087-11 (2011 I think??).
      Construction wise, it has a solid maple block down the centre and hollow wings. The neck is maple (but painted in luxurious gold) and the fretboard wenge. This has Just-A-Nut III on it so is adjustable at the nut. (Just-A-Nut II was prone to breaking so the III is better). It has volume and tone for each pickup, and a selector switch in the style of a Les Paul (neck, both, bridge). 
      I played this on 2 gigs but then the band disbanded and it's been safely at home for many years. As you can see, it is in tip-top/excellent condition, with the only minor issues being pictured:
      a. slight decoloration of the tuning pegs (someone must have had sweaty hands before I bought it)
      b. There is also a blemish on the neck paintwork but that's under the lacquer
      c. There is a tiny slight mark above the neck pickup
      d. There is a mark near the fifth fret that looks like a construction issue that was filled in.
      e. Some slight marking on the pickup covers where enthusiastic playing has likely bashed a string onto the pickup cover (but it's under the string and I think you’ll struggle to see it)
      All of these were like this when I bought it. All of these are pictured and I think you'll struggle to notice these.
      This comes with a colossal excellent Warwick hardcase to keep this safe. This isn't pictured but is included. It’s a very good case!
      I have priced this appropriately I think, given that it's a Korean Pro Series and NOT the Chinese RockBass series which seem to have increased in price somewhat (hasn't everything?), but sensible offers are welcome!
      I enjoyed playing this bass a lot and will miss it but I need to be realistic. I would provide sound clips but there's plenty of demos by Andy Irvine back when he was working with Warwick on YouTube, if not somewhat slap-happy.
      I am in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire and would prefer not to ship this as it's massive and I have no cardboard to package it. I am happy to drive up/down the M5 a bit if this helps you for travel purposes. Worcestershire is in Tier 2 at the moment so I cannot travel to other locations.
      Cash or Bank Transfer please. If you want to put it on a credit card and pay via PayPal you can but I shouldn't get any fees so you'll have to send it as a "gift" to friends/family. Thanks.
      Pictures are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yTSfW2OrA-XqisVwEMtrpU_S0t6eB2q9
    • By alexcar66
      2020 Musicman Stingray Special, 2 humguckers and 5 way coil toggle switch, roasted maple neck and board, Charcoal Sparkle finish, 9.5lbs,  comes with case, immaculate condition, sale only, no trades please,  NOW SOLD

• By Waldobass
      1995 Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5
      Trans Red
      Great Looking and sounding bass
      Hard Case Included (not MM original)
      Collection preferred from Dorking, Surrey.

£1250 ONO