Steve Brisley

Musicman Stingray V Price Drop £1100
£1250
Peterborough

Purchased in 2019. MusicMan Stingray V 3EQ Active Bass Guitar. White with Maple neck.

This was my dream bass and I'm reluctant to sell, however .I'm moving to NYC

Available to pick up in Peterborough 

Apart from a tiny dink on the neck which I've tried to capture that doesn't affect playing whatsoever this 12 month old bass is in great condition 

pic1.jpeg

pic2.jpeg

pic3.jpeg

pic4.jpeg

pic5.jpeg

Edited by Steve Brisley
  • Like 6

Hey buddy - same as above - what's the weight on this one? interested in trades/ upgrades to an Alpher or Sadowsky?

• Like 1

I’ll try dig out some scales and put the weight up when I do! Looking for cash for this one as I’m moving to the states and want to thin down what I’m taking over! 

Hi, I'm confused by this as I don't think Music Man were making non stingray specials/classics by 2019 and this doesn't appear to be either. Are you sure this was made in 2019 and not just bought then? 

Thanks for your comment as I would not want to mislead and do no know the timeline of MusicMan models. I just went to a few stores stores in 2019 and tried out several new stingrays and this sounded best! I’ve edited the post to reflect that.

• Like 1

So I believe this bass is around 4.3 kg. Weighed it with myself and that was the difference. Unfortunately the link above worked but didn’t display weight. 

Thanks Pinball!! Agreed by me. I love this bass, definitely buying another stingray when I get to NYC. Maybe it’s because it was based in Lincoln, now it’s in Peterborough so hopefully that helps... 

On 28/08/2020 at 12:25, SzunaP said:

Don't need more basses, Don't need more basses, Don't need more basses...  :D

I wish someone would hurry up and buy this bass - as it is a beaut, & I don't need any more basses either. (I have too many as it is)

GLWTS

• Like 1

Anyone who knows me will know why I have to give this post a much-deserved bump! ;)
And from one Steve to another, good luck in the big apple and I hope you find a nice 'Ray5 stateside. :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Waldobass
      1995 Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5
      Trans Red
      Great Looking and sounding bass
      Hard Case Included (not MM original)
      Collection preferred from Dorking, Surrey.

£1250 ONO

• By NotAsGoodAsJaco
      Up for sale, my Ibanez BTB 1825. Excellent condition/as new.
      Comes with original custom fit Ibanez Case.
      35" scale bass with 19mm string spacing and a 47mm nut width.
      Bought new from Thomann in Nov 2019. Dot markers added by pro luthier.
      Low action, flat neck with  good feel. Just not the tone for me - I bought this bass without ever playing one.
      Prefer a local (London and surrounding areas) but will post within UK. UKsales only
      I believe these basses are discontinued.
      Spec from Ibanez...
      Neck type BTB59pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple w/Graphite reinforcement rods neck-through Top/back/body - Walnut top, Ash wing body Fretboard - Bound Panga Panga Abalone off-set dot inlay Frets - Medium Stainless Steel frets Premium fret edge treatment Bridge - MR5 bridge (19mm string spacing) Neck pickup - Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive Bridge pickup - Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive Equaliser - Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ Hardware color - Gold Width 47mm NUT Radius 400  

• By mcnach
      Not exactly NBD since I had it for a couple of weeks now or so.
      This is the black satin 'stealth' finish. They seemed to be on the light weight side, and mine didn't disappoint at 8.6 lbs. 
      The set up was poor to start, far too much relief and very high saddles, but a few minutes spent reducing the neck curvature and adjusting the saddles brought it to a very comfortable action. The nut slots are well contoured but a bit too high, which makes me think that somebody tried to adjust the action by playing with the truss rod and saddles, failing, and then going the other way... I haven't adjusted the nut yet because it plays well enough already, but I'll have to do that to make the top positions a bit more comfy to play.
      I really like it. The neck is wider than a SR5 (so the G string doesn't fall off!  ) but not excessively chunky. I find it quite comfortable. Not as nice as the Lakland 5502, but still very comfortable. The narrower string spacing (compared to my 4 strings) and the additional string means I was a little clumsy to start, but I've been playing this bass exclussively since I got it and I'm getting there now.
      In fact, I'm starting to really like this 5 string thing.
      I owned 5 string basses before but I never really got along with any. The closest ones were the Lakland 5502 and the old made in USA EBMM SUB 5. The Lakland had the wider string spacing that I prefer, but I didn't get the Stingray-like sound I prefer. The SUB5 had the sound, but I felt the neck was a bit too narrow and it was a very heavy bass. A Squier Jazz V came and went too, and over the years so did a Peavey Millenium, a Washburn Bantam (that one was pretty good too), a Crafter something or another, a G&L L2500, and maybe something else too. Nothing really stuck. And here comes the Harley Benton. I didn't need a new bass, certainly not a 5-string (by now I had accepted 5 strings are not for me and I no longer wanted to own one)... but these satin black ones looked so good, were so cheap, and the reviews were so positive... that it tempted me. Before I pressed the button, my girlfriend went and ordered one for me, just before they sold out in November.
      If I had to give it a one word review it would be 'wow'.
      This is a very decent bass, regardless of price, but when you consider the price... yeah, wow.
      It has that Stingray vibe and the passive electronics are just fine. Sure, not as versatile as having an onboard preamp, but I actually love passive tone controls, so I'm happy with it as it is.
      For some reason this bass feels and sounds nicer than any of my previous 5 string basses, and because of that playing it exclusively for the past 2 weeks was not a chore. Yeah, it was frustrating at first, but as I adjust to the different layout it becomes more fun... and I feel like something clicked. I'm enjoying immensely how I can move across strings and reduce the movement up/down the neck that way. I don't use the additional lower notes that much, but I use a lot of the notes I would often play on the E string on the B string now, just moving across with fewer jumps to different hand positions on the neck which also means I look at the neck a lot less. And having the option to play those notes between the low E and A on the E string for more definition or on the B string for additional girth is really useful too.
      This may be the bass that makes me finally 'get' 5 string basses. How much does it cost? Crazy. I would have paid quite a bit more for a bass that I can enjoy as much as this one.

The pickguard will be replaced 'though. Not a fan of tortoiseshell, I think it's screaming for a black one.

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      String spacing: 19 mm
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 5600 pounds but it's actually 6500 6300euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page: