Why become a member? ×

Songs in C tuning

WarPig

[quote name='M4L666' post='403573' date='Feb 8 2009, 05:52 PM']So do In Flames for some songs, and Drop A#, their other tuning, is easily achieved from there.[/quote]

And all Peter does is constantly pedal out the lowest note for every verse on almost every song on every album post Clayman.

Nice to see some In Flames love though.

[quote name='M4L666' post='403573' date='Feb 8 2009, 05:52 PM']Arch Enemy use (actually) C Tuning. So do In Flames for some songs, and Drop A#, their other tuning, is easily achieved from there.[/quote]

That's quite interesting because we've been playing Clouds Connected in Drop C. Most of the tabs for that song are in drop C as well. I can see how it would be used though. Also if im not mistaken does the bass player use a 5 string bass in drop C with a low G or something? I've been doing this recently.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='budget bassist' post='404847' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:04 PM']I know plenty in drop C if you're interested?[/quote]

That does seem to be the jist of the original post ;)

For my Drop C tuning, I use high tension strings, so I can have an action comparable to standard tuning, reduced buzzing etc etc

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='404863' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:33 PM']That does seem to be the jist of the original post :P

For my Drop C tuning, I use high tension strings, so I can have an action comparable to standard tuning, reduced buzzing etc etc

Si[/quote]

;)

Ive ordered a new set of strings 50-115 i think. going to try them out then set it up for lower action like you have.

My T-40 is in KGB at the moment getting 45-85 and a 115 for the C to maintin the tension. It needs a full setup to get it down to C, the neck completely changed when we dropped to C in the shop, it was just totally unplayable.

As mentioned above, anything by Queens, Kyuss, some Monster Magnet, some Fu Manchu, Nebula, Hermano (check them out!). All your favourite stoner groovers!