Why become a member? ×

1972 Fender USA Precision - stunning condition

Lysdexia

At age 11, I was rowing near this location when a basking shark drifted by. Of course I had nae freaking idea it was a basking shark - just that I was very obviously about to be eaten alive. So, not only do I not dive, I don't go in water unless it's pouring out of a shower head.

The story here is that a bunch of these very nice diver types frequent this spot and when driving by yesterday morning I thought...well, they can only say no ;)

The bold Richard (for it is he in the photograph) stepped forward and volunteered to do the necessary - probably because he is also a musician. I'm really very pleased with the outcome.

Lastly, I have no ginger hair. In fact, I have no hair worthy of mention these days :P

[quote name='gareth' post='396851' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:26 PM']Hi

Is the bass all original?

Has the body been refinished?

Is the pickguard original?

Thanks[/quote]

Hi Gareth [b]all [/b]original - apart from the paintwork being re-instated to it's deserved status.

[quote name='gareth' post='396905' date='Feb 1 2009, 03:20 PM']So it has been refinished?[/quote]

Yep - I can't say with complete confidence if the refinish was partial or complete, Gareth. I do know the work was done by ace-luthier to the stars, the inimitable Jimmy Moon.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='396914' date='Feb 1 2009, 03:30 PM']..and how much oxygen is left in the tank? ;)[/quote]

Given the spritely way the gentleman was dancing, I'd say he had seconds left.

Mind you - he was breathlessly exasperated about the number of Englishmen who take to pissing in his playground :P

• 3 months later...

Hey andyman

Are you drinking the water round that sub base?

Nice bass! Nice girl!

The man is right about Jimmy Moon and his work, the man`s a bit of a legend about here. Good luck with the sale Andy.

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='491925' date='May 18 2009, 10:06 PM']Hey andyman

Are you drinking the water round that sub base?

Nice bass! Nice girl!

The man is right about Jimmy Moon and his work, the man`s a bit of a legend about here. Good luck with the sale Andy.

Jez[/quote]

Cheers!

I gave up drinking the local water after the fourth nipple started to grow.

• 2 weeks later...