Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

One of the less played BMW tunes. I particularly like the bassline - I prefer it when Aston Barrett keeps the basslines simple and repetative/meditative and dubby like this (which he seemed to do a bit more on the later albums).

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, skilamalink said:

One from King Jammy's latest album

Loving that, i might have to invest in that, I bought Black Sounds of Freedom vinyl back in around 1981, I’ve still got it somewhere, I think Love crisis was out before that, great album 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Can anyone recommend a good (audio quality and track selection) Toots CD - I need that version of Louie Louie in my collection!

I did a little bit of digging and on a  reggae forum I visit it says the US version of the cd , Toots & The Maytals ‎– Funky Kingston / In The Dark, which I think was released in 2003 is decent quality ,possibly about the best you might get, it was mastered by Gavin Lurssen, I haven’t heard it but it might be worth looking into myke , I had a quick look on discogs and it’s there 

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I did a little bit of digging and on a  reggae forum I visit it says the US version of the cd , Toots & The Maytals ‎– Funky Kingston / In The Dark, which I think was released in 2003 is decent quality ,possibly about the best you might get, it was mastered by Gavin Lurssen, I haven’t heard it but it might be worth looking into myke , I had a quick look on discogs and it’s there 

That's great. Top detective work, much appreciated!

• Like 1

Listened to one of my favourite artists last night, the album Six Babylon by Linval Thompson, it just has to be heard every now and again, it was released around 1979 and imo one of his best, really great Basslines from Robbie Shakespeare and Lloyd Parks and mixed by scientist, here’s a few tracks , both is the extended version