Why become a member? ×

4ohm 300w cab

WarPig

[quote name='WarPig' post='377345' date='Jan 12 2009, 01:30 AM']hahah okay.....well do you have an example? i shouldve written more, but this time of night im lazy.[/quote]

Haha ;) I was being purposely awkward :P

Have a look at a lot of the Peavy stuff – you can order most of their 2x10 and 1x15 cabs in either 4 or 8 ohms. Also, I think Mark Bass do their Traveller series of cabs in 4 ohms. The vast majority of the Scheroder cabs can be either 4 or 8 ohms – look at the 1210 for example.

A lot of 1x15 and 2x10 cabs are 8 ohms because the manufactures envisage them being used as an extension cab rather than a single cab solution…I think...

Edited by benwhiteuk

I've got a DIY 4 Ohm 1x15 that doesn't get a lot of use. Fitted with an Eminence Kappa driver, 450W handling. I'd be looking for about £80. I could probably deliver as I'm going to be down your neck of the woods fairly soon. PM me if you're interested.

Andy

Dr Bass 1580 looks awesome, they have smaller 4 ohm cabs too. You can get them from RIM Basses, who is a member on here. BFM Omni 10s also pop up for sale on here occasionally.

But it looks like you might have a smokin deal with that DIY 15!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='bumnote' post='377805' date='Jan 12 2009, 03:28 PM']Any reason for a 4 ohm particulalry?

The difference in volume is minimal, you would get more of a result with better efficiency drivers, and an 8 ohm cab is easier to sell on.[/quote]

I have problems transporting my 2x10 + head around, so i thought id kill 2 birds with one stone (as they say) and use one 4ohm cab to get full power in a compact system.

Although after a quick ponder.....i suppose its more to do with how much air you push?

Edited by WarPig

[quote name='WarPig' post='377815' date='Jan 12 2009, 03:35 PM']I have problems transporting my 2x10 + head around, so i thought id kill 2 birds with one stone (as they say) and use one 4ohm cab to get full power in a compact system.

Although after a quick ponder.....i suppose its more to do with how much air you push?[/quote]

I bought a fairly old acoustic 402 1x15 speaker cab with an 220 amp last year. It had a 15 ohm knackered organ speaker, and the cab was designed as a 4 ohm. I gigged it with an 8 ohm eminence from another cab for a while, and eventually bought a new bass light speaker for about £100

I cant hear the difference in volume.

Alex has made similar comments on various threads.

Theres nothing wrong with 4 ohm except they are more difficult to sell, because most amps wont handle a 2 ohm load, which is what you would get if youu added a second 4 ohm cab.

[quote name='WarPig' post='377815' date='Jan 12 2009, 03:35 PM']Although after a quick ponder.....i suppose its more to do with how much air you push?[/quote]

Indeed. The nominal impedance and the (thermal) power handling rating are two of the least significant specs yet two of the few that tend to be quoted - annoying isn't it?!

The sensitivity, particularly in the lower regions, has much more impact on how loud a bass cab will be with a lower powered amp, whilst the excursion limited power handling determines how loud a bass cab will go with a heftier amp pushing it. Unfortunately with smaller and less pricey cabs you often suffer from a lack of low frequency sensitivity and a lack of excursion limited power handling. The Kappa driver in Andy's cab is in a different league to that you'll find in most commercial cabs, total bargain at the price!

Alex

[quote name='Alien' post='377597' date='Jan 12 2009, 12:51 PM']I've got a DIY 4 Ohm 1x15 that doesn't get a lot of use. Fitted with an Eminence Kappa driver, 450W handling. I'd be looking for about £80. I could probably deliver as I'm going to be down your neck of the woods fairly soon. PM me if you're interested.

Andy[/quote]

I'll vouch for Alien. He sold me a DIY 2x10 and its a cracking little cab.

[quote name='The_D' post='378312' date='Jan 12 2009, 09:47 PM']I'll vouch for Alien. He sold me a DIY 2x10 and its a cracking little cab.[/quote]
Thanks Buddy! ;)

This was built to go with the one I sold to The_D, it's got the same corners and connections just a different grille. Anyway, here's a couple of pics like you requested.

[attachment=18608:PICT0259.JPG] From the front [attachment=18609:PICT0260.JPG] From the top/side [attachment=18610:PICT0261.JPG] Connector plate

Andy

[quote name='Alien' post='378358' date='Jan 12 2009, 10:22 PM']Thanks Buddy! ;)

This was built to go with the one I sold to The_D, it's got the same corners and connections just a different grille. Anyway, here's a couple of pics like you requested.

[attachment=18608:PICT0259.JPG] From the front [attachment=18609:PICT0260.JPG] From the top/side [attachment=18610:PICT0261.JPG] Connector plate

Andy[/quote]

Dont think I could hate you any more than I do right now lol!

If I had the money I would be pinching this from Warpig!

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='378271' date='Jan 12 2009, 09:21 PM']Hi, just to add to your growing list of makes both eden and ampeg make 4 ohm cabs.[/quote]

Thanks for adding them, but too pricey for what im after.

[quote name='josh3184' post='378296' date='Jan 12 2009, 09:38 PM']I'm selling one infact! (a 4ohm 300w cab that is)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28311&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28311&st=0[/url][/quote]

Thanks Josh, abit big for my purpose.

;) Im not often this fussy.

[quote name='Alien' post='378358' date='Jan 12 2009, 10:22 PM']Thanks Buddy! :P

Andy[/quote]

Pm'd