Why become a member? ×

hello from yorkshire

bumfrog

[quote name='bumfrog' post='375166' date='Jan 9 2009, 02:20 PM']So if I play both does that make me bi??? :)[/quote]

something like that :huh:

hi and welcome from leeds :huh: we're having a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33692"]yorkshire bass bash[/url] in harrogate on the 15th feb!

x

[quote name='bumfrog' post='375323' date='Jan 9 2009, 04:15 PM']i'm in ye olde york

Actually, has a pretty thriving music scene considering the size of the place....[/quote]

Me too. I will be at the Black Swan jazz night next Wednesday (and more Wednesdays than not for that matter). I have an Ibanez BTB555 - so you know which one is me ;)

All the best,

Nick

[quote name='casapete' post='376082' date='Jan 10 2009, 12:52 PM']Welcome from that forgotten bit of Yorkshire, the East Riding.
Is MOR music still open in York?
Used to always pop in at Bulmers for s/h stuff-had a few bargains from there over the years![/quote]

Yes, MOR is still going, as far as I know. These days I go to Rock-ola, who have moved to a new shop in Colliergate. I think the guy who runs Rock-ola use to work at MOR. Not that they have huge amounts of bass-specific stuff...
Bulmers is still fun for the prospect of a bargain among the ... err ... tat.

[quote name='bumfrog' post='375166' date='Jan 9 2009, 02:20 PM']now then to all ye yorkshire peeps.

Nice forums these, a lot less ego then the gu!tar players forums I've frequented in the past :P

So if I play both does that make me bi??? ;)[/quote]

Hello mate and welcome to BC.

You might not be Bi but do you bum frogs? ;0)

[quote name='2wheeler' post='375341' date='Jan 9 2009, 04:26 PM']Me too. I will be at the Black Swan jazz night next Wednesday (and more Wednesdays than not for that matter). I have an Ibanez BTB555 - so you know which one is me ;)

All the best,

Nick[/quote]

We do the Black Swan a couple of times a year. it's my 'nemesis' gig - always seem to hurt myself when we play there. Not really a room for a blues/rock band but fun.

Welcome bumfrog - more the merrier , I say.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='377793' date='Jan 12 2009, 03:18 PM']We do the Black Swan a couple of times a year. it's my 'nemesis' gig - always seem to hurt myself when we play there. Not really a room for a blues/rock band but fun.

Welcome bumfrog - more the merrier , I say.[/quote]

If I can get to the Black Swan on 6th March I will expect an exciting and/or amusing injury to be laid on in the name of entertainment... ;)

My first ever BC post was a bit of a disaster (see above). Wish my fingers were always that fast...
Another Yorks based bass - Selby area, although really a southern softie.
Will be prowling the gear for sale threads as I am promised a dream bass for my 50th - I've got a year to choose it!

[quote name='fletchbass' post='389958' date='Jan 23 2009, 08:15 PM']My first ever BC post was a bit of a disaster (see above). Wish my fingers were always that fast...
Another Yorks based bass - Selby area, although really a southern softie.
Will be prowling the gear for sale threads as I am promised a dream bass for my 50th - I've got a year to choose it![/quote]

I work in the shadow of the Drax cooling towers lol