Why become a member? ×

Alembic Triple Omega Signature NOW SOLD!!!!

Well, following the results of the MRI on my neck (not good, possible surgery in the future), I've decided that the sensible option is to part with anything remotely heavy. So, with great regret is the bass I waited 20-odd years to get, my Alembic Triple Omega. Signature electronics, chambered/hollow body ( like the Series basses), superb walnut facings front and back (and it [i]is[/i] superb, ask Lozbass!), dummy humcanceller, Triple Omega body shape with pistol grip and knobby headstock, purpleheart neck lams, abalone inlays. Weight is between 10 and 11lbs and it balances perfectly.

Apart from some tiny scratches on the trc (and I mean tiny) it's absolutely mint, never been rehearsed or gigged. Custom Quote calculator on the Alembic site now shows this as over $11,000 (dummy humcanceller isn't on there but is approx $200), and the walnut really is unique. Currently for sale on commission in the Gallery in Camden at £3300; I'll take £2900 for a direct sale, bearing in mind I'd have to go to London to get it back (I live Oop North so it's quite a way). This really breaks my heart but needs must when the devil sh*ts in your kettle, as my mate says. Happy to send more photos to any interested parties, and anyone close can always try it in the Gallery. I'm extremely happy for someone to buy it direct from there though, would save me a lot of trouble!

Pics:

Edited by 4000

Holy S**T....that is the most stunning bass, the workmanship and detail looks phenomenal! :huh: That is extremely impressive! I didn't realise there were any knocking about in the UK! Where abouts in the North West are you based? I'd love to see it in person!!
Hope it works out for you, and that things go well with regards to health :)

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='overwater#1' post='374554' date='Jan 8 2009, 10:41 PM']Holy S**T....that is the most stunning bass, the workmanship and detail looks phenomenal! :huh: That is extremely impressive! I didn't realise there were any knocking about in the UK! Where abouts in the North West are you based? I'd love to see it in person!!
Hope it works out for you, and that things go well with regards to health :)[/quote]

Thanks for the thoughts (and those of Greeneking too). I'm based just outside Blackpool, although the bass currently resides in the Gallery in Camden as stated earlier. Whilst I agree with Greeneking's "love 'em or hate 'em" comments, for me it's the most stunning bass I've ever seen in the flesh (well, along with the 5 string buckeye burl Triple O in Ed Roman's in Vegas) by a considerable margin. As I say, it breaks my heart to sell it, but it's not going to do me any favours now keeping it. One thing I will say, it will not be going any lower than this pricewise. If I can't sell it at this price, it stays, if only to look at!

I'm very sorry to hear of your health situation mate :)

I gotta say though, normal words eluded my tongue when I first saw that bass and the only thing I could say was "great googly moogly!" Truly an amazing looking instrument, but unfortunately, one that I can't afford.

Fantastic! Well, if you do have the bass back in your possession sometime, i'd absolutely love to see it in the flesh! Even if you don't get it back, i'l PM you my number, and will have to meet up sometime!! Anytime, it'd be great to meet you! I live in Poulton-le-Fylde.
I only wish I had a spare £3k.. i'l put an extra couple of lucky dips on Saturday!!

[quote name='4000' post='374579' date='Jan 8 2009, 10:54 PM']Thanks for the thoughts (and those of Greeneking too). I'm based just outside Blackpool, although the bass currently resides in the Gallery in Camden as stated earlier. Whilst I agree with Greeneking's "love 'em or hate 'em" comments, for me it's the most stunning bass I've ever seen in the flesh (well, along with the 5 string buckeye burl Triple O in Ed Roman's in Vegas) by a considerable margin. As I say, it breaks my heart to sell it, but it's not going to do me any favours now keeping it. One thing I will say, it will not be going any lower than this pricewise. If I can't sell it at this price, it stays, if only to look at![/quote]

Oh. My. God.

Thats all i have to say. For anyone who has never played an Alembic they are something out of this world i mean really there is something special about Alembic. If i was buying a high end bass you could keep your smiths, foderas whatever. I also think this is a very good price considering what this is.

I know they dont suit everyone, im not a huge fan of how most of them look but you should at least go and have a read on the alembic site. www.alembic.com

[quote name='4000' post='374649' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:47 PM']Cheers guys. Nik; thing is, would it sound like a Pro 2? :)[/quote]
No - but it'd do a lot of other stuff that would sound amazing... I do know someone who has a Pro2e circuit that they may want to sell though so maybe you could go down that route?

I only have time for the shortest comment now but will post more later. I've had the tremendous pleasure of meeting 4000, seeing this bass, and being offered a chance to play it. Forget pretty much everything you've ever seen/played before. I've been playing for well over 30 years and this bass is in the top 4 or 5 I've ever come across (and it's impossible to rank that 4 or 5 against one another). I can't begin to describe the walnut - it is the most breathtaking piece I've witnessed. Playability is simply stunning and the signature electronics are pretty close to those on a Series II. Nothing else sounds like an Alembic. Sure, these basses divide opinion: however, if you're on the 'pro' side, this is the best chance you'll have to acquire an as new, stunning, custom Alembic at an extremely good price. Trust me, I went over this bass very carefully and there really is not a mark on it (and the truss rod cover is as perfect as any I've seen). The only thing that stopped me from parting with cash on the spot was the scale length and general size of the bass - I have a fairly slight frame and the bass was simply too big for me.

Yes, I know there's a recession, but it will pass. 'Deep breath, leap of faith, buy this now. You won't regret it and will be as smug and happy as f*** for a very long time to come.

I'm guessing this is the same triple omega for sale in the alembic gallery. Saw that thread yesterday! Not sure why I even look at that for sale section, as I could never afford a single item in it.

More to the point (ish), I was already planning on going down to the gallery this afternoon as I'm in need of new strings, and I reckon it would be unfair to not see how this brilliant bass makes my substandard noodling sound. Shall give you feedback on it this evening with luck.

Hope all goes well with the neck.

MB1. :)
"Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakinelllllllllllllllllllll.................Marcus have you seen this?" :huh:

sorry to hear youve got to part with this due to health reasons!,i had a series 2 and i know what you mean though!.
All The Best!

[quote name='MB1' post='375073' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:32 PM']MB1. ;)
"Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakinelllllllllllllllllllll.................Marcus have you seen this?" :P

sorry to hear youve got to part with this due to health reasons!,i had a series 2 and i know what you mean though!.
All The Best![/quote]

Yes mate i'm having palpatations !!!!!

lovely instrument, sorry to hear you're forced to sell in such circumstances

ATB

Mark

[quote name='metaltime' post='374719' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:39 AM']there is something special about Alembic. If i was buying a high end bass you could keep your smiths, foderas whatever[/quote]
I really couldn't agree more. I'm a bit of a greedy b*****d and have an Alembic and a Fodera. The latter is very nice (very, very nice) but it doesn't come close to the Alembic. My 'bic is a Series II but it is honestly no better, nicer, more stunning etc. than this Triple O. Don't d*ck about - if you have any chance of raising £3k, just do yourself a favour and go and get this.