Why become a member? ×

Post-Christmas GAS

OutToPlayJazz

Many people have answered the 2009 GAS thread, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed the sudden resurgence of not only trading on here, but the serious levels of post Xmas GAS people are having.

I'm as guilty as anyone, having sold & delivered my Corvette $$ to vmaxblues, then buying a Status Streamline & a Groove 5, after only just taking delivery of another Status S2 from the factory!

Is it the fact that no one buys us toys at Xmas anymore (now we're all adults), or are we just great big kids at heart?

Rich.

Basswise I've satiated mine for now with the purchase of the T-Bird, hopefully with new strings, new bridge, fixing of the problem with whatever is under the rear pup, that'll tide me over until I can offload my Aerodyne in the summer.

Pipe dreams for a 'Ray and a Rick are just that, pipe dreams.

Guitar wise I've got my little project nearly done, might do some more spraying at easter so I can finish the white coat, laquer will be a summer job. I'm just hoping that it'll fit together properly now it's all been sanded down and I won't need to route the neck heel and the neck pocket as that'll require construction of jigs, and is nearly far too much hassle for a £65 Les Paul copy. Although, I might succumb to a bit of hardware GAS if I can pick decent bits up cheaply of the 'bay.

Gear wise, well, I'm still using practice amps, I might aquire either a Little Giant or that new Hartke 350w head later in the year, and a cab to go with them. Depends on whether a friend of mine wants to restart a band in the summer.

[quote name='metaltime' post='373607' date='Jan 7 2009, 10:33 PM']I have more gass than i think i had the whole of last year. Im supposed to be finishing my dissertation instead i sit and look at basses all day.

Could just be procrastination though.[/quote]

Guessing your dissertation isn't a bass-related one? I'm pretty sure they don't actually read them when marking anyway. Just write one about bass, make sure you structure and reference it properly and you should do fine. Surely there are very few people (apart from some scientists/mathematicians) who actually write anything original for dissertations now anyway.

Sorry, back on topic. I have massive GAS, and am going to The Gallery in Camden on Saturday. Oh dear!

Had GAS for a new bass before christmas even though I knew my better half had bought me one for Christmas. I got the new bass which I thought would cure it but no. Went to london before new years and used all my will power to stay away from the gallery. Now its new year I put a new bridge on the new bass and love it, but I have been having very bad thoughts about a Sadowsky 5. Please someone make the GAS go away