Marc S

Further DROP + Trades: Yamaha TRB1005 (35" scale) with upgrades
£500
Cardiff

Price Drop Now £450

For sale: beautiful Yamaha TRB 1005 Active 5 string bass, in rather fetching Orange / Red (note: it's not one of the Japan models - they're now over £1K)

This bass has upgrades, in the form of a high mass bridge - with full adjustability including side-to-side for string spacing of your choice
It also has a Bartolini pre-amp (which is an improvement on the original)

I recently had a new jack socket fitted, and set-up at A-strings guitars in Treforest (near me). The bass is in lovely condition, with hardly any marks and no "dings" at all.
It sounds superb, with a great array of tones available. I'm not really a 5 string player, and this just isn't getting used.

Although I would prefer a straight sale, I have now added a few trade options - see last post
Am happy with cash balance either way - so I would add money for the right bass

Collection preferred, but we could perhaps meet up somewhere convenient (I've got a Roland battery amp and Vox Amphones - so you can hear this lovely bass) I can throw in a gigbag so you can get this bass home safely.

I have priced this bass to sell - as I have way too much stuff. At 500, it's already less than I paid for it, especially when including the work I've had done recently

TRB 1.jpg

TRB 2.jpg

IMG_20190404_150537280.jpg

IMG_20190404_150517718.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, therealting said:

Fairly certain these are 35” scale

Apologies (evidence of my typing skills, or lack of!) - amended

I've no 5 string now!! Wish I had the cash for this 😁

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

Just adding a couple of pics, to show the neck width, at the nut and at 12th fret. Bear in mind though, the ruler is on top of the strings - I think the measurement is very slightly less than it may appear on these photos. (Using a slim, clear ruler which I could get under the strings - it appeared to be just a smidge over 41mm at the nut, and just under 63mm at the 12th)

IMG_20191012_121356388.thumb.jpg.286f1615b05156888239cfe4b3351ed8.jpg

IMG_20191012_121413673.jpg.1fc3d7296263cc4dae108e47791c1cfa.jpg

Edited by Marc S

Just a note to say, I have now put this bass up for sale in a shop not far from me
(If you're anywhere nearby, and want to try this bass anytime - just drop me a PM and I'll let you have details of the shop,
as I'm not sure whether it's against forum rules to "advertise" a shop?). Obviously, it'll be more expensive in the shop, as they need to take some commission.

Anyhow, I hope I'm not now tempted to fill the space left by this bass.... with anything else! lol

Temporarily dropping the price of this bass to £450. Something else has turned up which is tempting me...

If that sells, this bass will go back up to £475.
EDIT: Also, I may now consider a couple of trades against this bass
MIJ Fender Precision, or Earlier (Chinese) Squier Classic Vibe 70's P bass, or Squier CV Jazz (pref in White)

Edited by Marc S

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By slapmonsta
      Price Drop-£440

Up for sale is my "Tobacco burst" Yamaha BB1024 and gig bag.
      These are excellent "all round" instruments-typical Yamaha rock solid build quality with a "spline joint" Alder body ,a choice of thru-body diagonal stringing,"Vintage Plus" bridge and a five-piece maple and nato neck.
      Sonically these basses can do pretty much anything from Jaco back-pickup jazz to fat P-bass dub, and anything in between.
      The output from the custom designed pickups is full range and VERY wide-almost an "active" sound from the alnico and ceramic blade setup.These are "big" sounding basses!
      I'm letting this one go as I already have a 1024X I gig with, and this is way too good a bass to be sat as a backup.
      The bass will be supplied with a generic gig bag.
      Thanks for looking 😀

• By Figue2B
      Hi
      For sale trade this beautiful Mayones Jabba Custom Buckeye Burl.
      I bought this bass in new condition at Bass Direct this year.
      Preamp Mayones,
      Aguilar Pickups
      Buckeye burl top
      Matching headstock,
      Ebony fretboard
      Blocks inlays,
      Neck bliding 
      Hipshot ultralight 
      Full options
      Mayones case...
      3kgs700
      Trade with 4 or 5 strings
      No 6 strings, no fretless, no jazz bass neck, no fender
      Yamaha BBNE2, Pedulla, BB2024X.... 
      1450£
      Cheers!
      http://
    • By deej
      I have two Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr's for sale - both the 25k active version. 
      Perfect working order with velcro on the bottom. 
      Looking for £50 posted each. 
      Thanks, 

• By Jarczan
      NEW PRICE 1000 !!!!
      Body: Afzelia(front) + Sycamore Thin Layer +  Bubinga(back) Construction: Neck-Through-Body Fingerboard: Ebony with Blue Led Dots Neck: Shedua with Flamed Sycamore Strips Scale: 34 String spacing: around 19mm Tuners: Gotoh Pickups: EMG 40P5 + EMG40DC Electronics: EMG BQC System 18V (Vol - Balance - Stack Mid/MidFreq - Stack Treble/Bass) Bridge: Brass Hipshot A Style Shaller Straplocks Included Hard Case Included Weight around: 5.1kg / 11lbs The bass recently came back from the luthier:
      The old keys were replaced with new Gotohs Old Schaller Bridge was replaced with a new Hipshot A Style Electronics upgraded to 18V One EMG 40DC replaced by EMG 40P5 New frets Fingerboard sanding before placing new frets Setup for 40-120 strings Bass is located in Poznań, Poland. I'd prefer to keep it EU only.
      Money adjustment to be discussed.

• By cetera
      PRICE DROP!! - Was £350, £325, £300, £275.... now just £250!

VISA card needs paying back so here we have my fantastic original Japanese made (late 80's) Fernandes Ltd Edition PJ60 Bass in eye-catching bold red.
      Basswood body
      Maple bolt-on neck
      Rosewood board
      Black hardware
      FGI active P/J pickups & preamp (like EMGs) for every tone you could possibly require!
      Vol/Bal/Treb/Bass controls
      Usual fantastic Japanese build quality. This is no entry level instrument - feels, plays & sounds great in any professional environment. A crazily good bass and an absolute bargain!!

This instrument is in fantastic condition with just a few very light dings and plays beautifully. Very slim and playable neck and a wide tonal palette. It sounds hugely resonant unplugged (always a good sign!) and this is continued when plugging in!

I'll be sad to see it go & only selling to clear some debt so not looking for any trades/offers. Bass is located in Guildford/Woking area and I can courier at buyers expense (prob approx £30-£40) or can meet in South East England for petrol. Payment by cash, bank transfer or Paypal (you pay all fees) only please.

Please see my extensive positive feedback record for assurance of a smooth and honest transaction.