Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='wildus' post='1107201' date='Jan 29 2011, 01:57 PM']Here are pic's of the Warwicks
Streamer $$ with Duncan 3 band preamp & D tuner
£700
[attachment=70334:P1070628.JPG]
Streamer FNA 5 string Jazzman £650
[attachment=70335:P1070588.JPG]
Or may trade for Status bass[/quote]
Streamer Jazzman sold

[b]SOLD[/b]
For sale Cort Artisan, not sure if it's A5 or B5.
Active bass, features a 3 band eq, volume control, pick-up blend. Comes fitted with brand new Overwater strings.
No aesthetic issues with it, no dents or scratches.
Only bought it a couple of months ago and just selling it cause I've recently upgraded.

Can pick up from Guildford or I can post, not sure though how much that could be.
Price:£130
andreisavu89 @ yahoo.com
Here are some pictures

and this is the link to some more:
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44668660@N08/sets/72157625937248090/"]photo gallery[/url]
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44668660@N08/5400980152/"][/url]

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44668660@N08/5400380991/"][/url]
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44668660@N08/5400978600/"][/url]

Cheers,
Andrei

Edited by andrei

[quote name='josh3184' post='1107533' date='Jan 29 2011, 07:14 PM']Worth the money just for the upgrades! Cracking price :)[/quote]

Thanks for that Josh - It'd break my heart to break it up !

Warwick Streamer LX

serial number g078207 00

5 String Fretless Lefthanded

Honey Violin Oil Finish
Flamed Maple Body
Ovangkol Neck
Gold Hardware
Brass Nut
Sounds awesome fitted with Aguilar 18v Pre

£675 + Postage

Edited by patch006

[quote name='patch006' post='1113712' date='Feb 3 2011, 12:09 PM']Warwick Streamer LX

serial number g078207 00

Honey Violin Oil Finish
Flamed Maple Body
Ovangkol Neck
Gold Hardware
Brass Nut

£675 + Postage[/quote]

Hey Patch,

Lovely Streamer!

Would you consider a P/X against an active 4-string fretted Warwick Corvette Pro-Line by any chance?

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='1115580' date='Feb 4 2011, 04:49 PM']My beautiful lefty Musicman Stingray in desirable black/black/maple is back up for grabs.

It was always my dream bass for its looks and sound, and I got many years of gigging and recording pleasure from it. Now I'm playing guitar and singing in a touring band and just don't have time to play bass very often!

The bass is a 1993 if I remember correctly. It has a few dinks as is expected from a gigged instrument, but has not been mistreated - just good honest wear. There's no buckle rash and no major damage at all. You can see a knock on the end of the headstock, it's just a tiny cosmetic knock, the bass has never fallen over or anything serious :)

I'm including a great quality Germany made Ritter hardcase in the sale. I bought the bass in Germany and the case has lived with the bass ever since, it's a great case and is in great condition.

E-mail/PM me sensible offers please - I might consider something in part exchange. I generally prefer slimmer necks, that's the one downsides of the Stingray for me having learned to play on a Jazz. I love the feel of a Jazz type neck, slimmer at the nut...

Sorry, off topic I know, but,
many thanks for your excellent video review of the Orange Terror 500.
You are a gent,
cheers,
Karl.

[/quote]

[quote name='patch006' post='1113712' date='Feb 3 2011, 12:09 PM']Warwick Streamer LX

serial number g078207 00

Honey Violin Oil Finish
Flamed Maple Body
Ovangkol Neck
Gold Hardware
Brass Nut

£675 + Postage[/quote]

Just to add, may possibly trade for 4 string, Precision, Jazz, music man, G and L
Or something intresting

Edited by patch006

Hi, Looking to sell my last two Warwicks
Going to sell them at very reasonable prices
I have a 6 string thumb bass that was a fretless but i sold it & the former keeper
sent it to the bass gallery to be fretted with warwick fret's they made a great job but they didn't move the fret markers
this can be sorted
so will sell for £550-plus shipping

I still have my streamer $$ fretless very nice bass
It has two small screw holes were i fitted a Roland midi pickup
Apart from that the bass is in excellent condition
So will let this go at a very good price
£375-plus shipping
will put pic's up tomorrow
Thanks

Edited by wildus

[quote name='Leftbass' post='1140817' date='Feb 25 2011, 08:28 AM']Hi Throwoff, were there any problems with my bass? :)
I like your garden btw :)[/quote]

Hey dude, I didnt realise you were a BC'er!!

No problems at all with it, just not a Jazz man I guess.

I currently have no camera and need it moved fairly swiftly so used the existing pics. No offence meant by it just best job I could do was with my phone and they looked crap.

serial number g078207 00

Honey Violin Oil Finish
Flamed Maple Body
Ovangkol Neck
Gold Hardware
Brass Nut

£675 + Postage[/quote]

No longer available

Edited by patch006

Nothing for sale at the moment but just checking if anyone has a lefty upright for sale, or wooden type bodied EUB?
Already have a Bassix composite stick but would like something a little more authentic for possible future project.

[quote name='rasher80' post='1153354' date='Mar 8 2011, 08:05 AM']There was a righty Dean Pace on Leftybass a bit back that had been converted to lefty, not sure of any others around to be honest![/quote]
Thanks, yes it's a hard call.
Soundwise the Bassix is excellent and pretty easy to play even with my limited Upright experience, but the look is not for everyone.
Alan at Bassix gave me a hollow composite body which I may try to adapt if nothing comes up.

I don't like the Dean Pace, it's more of an upright bass guitar and doesn't have a whole lot to do with a double bass.
I used to own a Big Kydd, which is somewhere inbetween: it's a 35" scale upright, but unlike the Pace the fingerboard radius is much more like that of a true upright so it facilitates arco playing too. It's made of solid maple with a rosewood fingerboard, an it's headless with an ABM Mueller tailpiece and tuners. I liked mine a lot.

Mine wasn't a true lefty, I had a luthier convert it for me (the stringlock at the 'head' had to be filed in so it would fit reverse stringing, and the fingerboard radius was slightly compensated for reverse stringing. I also had him place sidedots in the fingerboard. All in all I think I spent 800-900 euros on it (buying a Big Kydd secondhand on eBay, shipping from the US and the conversion, all in all).

Edited by LeftyJ

Played with the idea of selling this before but have now decided it is time to move on my left handed US Fender Jazz Deluxe. In very good condition with original Fender case and tools. In the popular Montego Black. I had a black scratch-plate made as I liked the idea of an all-black bodied Jazz. Still have the original gold plate. Bass is about 5 years old.
Looking for £750.00.
Will post pictures as soon as possible.
Alan.