Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

Here are a few more photos guys, as requested:
[attachment=66699:IMG_0222.JPG]
[attachment=66698:IMG_0221.JPG]
[attachment=66697:IMG_0220.JPG]
[attachment=66696:IMG_0219.JPG]

[quote name='sblueplanet' post='1062100' date='Dec 17 2010, 10:31 PM']Interested in the Warwick. Any more pics? Also, I string upside down, can nut be reversed?[/quote]

This bass has the brass Just-a-Nut 1. As such, it could probably be reversed but it would have to be removed and reattached. It probably wouldn't be a massive job but you wouldn't be able to just flip it round as with the JAN 2. You'd probably need to switch all the saddles on the bridge over too but that looks to me like you could acomplish it with a screwdriver.

[quote name='josh3184' post='1062696' date='Dec 18 2010, 06:55 PM']This bass has the brass Just-a-Nut 1. As such, it could probably be reversed but it would have to be removed and reattached.[/quote]

Can't you just reverse the order of the adjustable pieces by removing them with a screwdriver? :)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks to be my old bass which I ordered direct from Status 7 or 8 years back. I got the Status bug after buying Rob's first 5 string left handed neck thru graphite and this followed shortly after.
I bought this one back after selling then sold on again so has had several owners since new.
Will try and track down original receipt as I specified the wood facing etc but can't guarantee I'll find it after all this time.
It has seen some memorable gigs.

[quote name='wildus' post='1075299' date='Jan 2 2011, 01:51 PM']Here's a nice status i picked up great bass
Need some help with the woods on this bass can anyone help
Cheers
[attachment=67665:P1070547.JPG][/quote]

No one?

[quote name='Musicfreak1988' post='1054606' date='Dec 11 2010, 12:55 AM']Hello fellow lefties!

I'm selling my Mike Lull PJ4. It's literally new, as I have played on it for about 15 minutes before I put it back in its case.
The specs are:

- body: swamp ash
- colour: sherwood green
- neck: maple, graphite reinforced
- fingerboard: BRAZILIAN rosewood with MOP inlays
- radius: 7,25" (= vintage Fender)
- frets: 20, medium jumbo
- nut: 1,5" (= jazz bass width), bone
- tuning keys: hipshot ultralites, d-tuner
- pickups: lindy fralin
- electronics: Aguilar OBP-1 (18V) (= a 2-band boost (40Hz and 4kHz) à la Sadowsky that can be switched from active to passive by pushing or pulling the tone knob)
- weight: ca. 3,5 kg

- shielded
- plek'd
- schaller straplocks factory pre-installed
- comes in a custom made (original) hard shell case

New MSRP is $4124, shipping was $300 and VAT was about 400-500 EUR. I got the certificate from Mike Lull as well as the shipping documents from UPS to prove that the bass only arrived very recently.

Feel free to make -reasonable- offers.

I am based in Belgium, but shipping to the U.K. is not a problem.

Thanks for looking.

PICS:[/quote]

[quote name='whynot' post='1075327' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:25 PM']This looks to be my old bass which I ordered direct from Status 7 or 8 years back. I got the Status bug after buying Rob's first 5 string left handed neck thru graphite and this followed shortly after.
I bought this one back after selling then sold on again so has had several owners since new.
Will try and track down original receipt as I specified the wood facing etc but can't guarantee I'll find it after all this time.
It has seen some memorable gigs.[/quote]
Hi,cheers that would be great
Very surprised how good this bass is i mostly play warwicks
but this bass is very comfortable to play
& you can dial in some nice tones,how are the 5 string status basses

Edited by wildus

[quote name='wildus' post='1075436' date='Jan 2 2011, 04:26 PM']Hi,cheers that would be great
Very surprised how good this bass is i mostly play warwicks
but this bass is very comfortable to play
& you can dial in some nice tones,how are the 5 string status basses[/quote]
I think the top is Burr Madrone based on some notes I found from when I ordered the bass.
I also had a white bodied Status bolt-on 4 that I bought from a friend and interestingly the neck felt very different to this one.

I used the 5 for 2 or 3 years but the neck was a little too chunky for me. Ended up somewhere in the US but eventually met an unfortunate (beyond repair) accident IIRC.
It was a lovely looking bass. All black with side leds.

[quote name='josh3184' post='1062696' date='Dec 18 2010, 05:55 PM'][attachment=66699:IMG_0222.JPG]
[attachment=66698:IMG_0221.JPG]
[attachment=66697:IMG_0220.JPG]
[attachment=66696:IMG_0219.JPG][/quote]

Just a quick post-new years bump for this. I'm willing to listen to trades for a 5-string of a lower value plus cash

[quote name='whynot' post='1082440' date='Jan 8 2011, 06:50 PM']I think the top is Burr Madrone based on some notes I found from when I ordered the bass.
I also had a white bodied Status bolt-on 4 that I bought from a friend and interestingly the neck felt very different to this one.

I used the 5 for 2 or 3 years but the neck was a little too chunky for me. Ended up somewhere in the US but eventually met an unfortunate (beyond repair) accident IIRC.
It was a lovely looking bass. All black with side leds.[/quote]
Thanks for the info on the status :)
Did some recording with the status at the weekend was very impressed
Looking into ordering a 5 string headless

[quote name='josh3184' post='1085673' date='Jan 11 2011, 05:20 PM']Just a quick post-new years bump for this. I'm willing to listen to trades for a 5-string of a lower value plus cash[/quote]

Would you be interested in a trade for a Yamaha TRB5II?
I don't have access to my photos right now, but I can link to an ad I placed elsewhere:

[url="http://link.marktplaats.nl/408035023"]http://link.marktplaats.nl/408035023[/url]

Some minor damage to the body (one paint chip, and a few tiny dents around the controls, visible in the pics). The neck is flawless.

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='1087717' date='Jan 13 2011, 11:05 AM']Would you be interested in a trade for a Yamaha TRB5II?
I don't have access to my photos right now, but I can link to an ad I placed elsewhere:

[url="http://link.marktplaats.nl/408035023"]http://link.marktplaats.nl/408035023[/url]

Some minor damage to the body (one paint chip, and a few tiny dents around the controls, visible in the pics). The neck is flawless.[/quote]

Ack! Sorry, only just seen this! Afraid I'd probably be looking for a cheaper 5 string, that loojks like a really nice bass though! I've heard good things about Yamahas but am yet to try one....
I've just restrung the Streamer BEAD so I'm not even sure I need a 5er now. Would much prefer a cash sale but still open to offers. Will probs put it on Arni's site soon.

Lefty Warwick Sale

Warwick Streamer FNA Jazzman 5 string £650

Warwick Streamer $$ 4 string with seymour duncan 3 band preamp £700

Warwick Streamer $$ lined fretless £650

More info & pic's at the weekend
Cheers :)

Edited by wildus

For Sale/Trade:
2008 LH MM Bongo 4HH with Leds - sadly still not really feeling this bass - offers c. £1200ono
2006 LH custom FenderBird bass - Entwistle inspired build w/ Ricky P/ups - £275

Please PM me for any further info/pics/whatever !!!

Edited by mxm

2006 John Entwistle / Hotwire-bass Funderbird inspired FenderBird Bass.

Parts assembled / custom built bass - handmade/finished/stressed body, MightyMite neck, Hipshot B bridge, Schaller tuners and genuine Rickenbacker 4000 series pick-ups (under the maple covers). The parts used on bass alone cost over £400 back then !

Another bass I've hardly touched recently - should go to a better home !!! £275

Not got a shipping case for this - would prefer collection or can meet. Contact me for any more info / pics etc.

[quote name='mxm' post='1107109' date='Jan 29 2011, 12:12 PM']2006 John Entwistle / Hotwire-bass Funderbird inspired FenderBird Bass.

Parts assembled / custom built bass - handmade/finished/stressed body, MightyMite neck, Hipshot B bridge, Schaller tuners and genuine Rickenbacker 4000 series pick-ups (under the maple covers). The parts used on bass alone cost over £400 back then !

Another bass I've hardly touched recently - should go to a better home !!! £275

Not got a shipping case for this - would prefer collection or can meet. Contact me for any more info / pics etc.[/quote]

Worth the money just for the upgrades! Cracking price :)