Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

Left Handed Aria SB-40 Bass with Alder body with rosewood fingerboard. 2 high output Soapbar pickups. Custom Wilkinson bass bridge with brass saddles. Cliff Burton style bass. Very good condition setup with low action, straight neck and new DR strings. Plays very well. €199 plus shipping will ship worldwide. Will be packed professionally.

[attachment=84275:b_vert.jpg]

Edited by Fretless Bass

• 2 weeks later...

Left-handed 4 string Fretless

Hand made by a german firm called schwalbe.

[url="http://www.schwalbe-bass.de/"]http://www.schwalbe-bass.de/[/url]

Its an amazing looking sounding playing instrument definitley for one who knows there fretless basses.
This is a top quality bass hand crafted bass
Body is ovangkol, walnut, maple.
Neck is maple , walnut
Semour duncan quarterpounders, ets pots. 2X Volume 1x tone
Really thick slab of ebony for a fretboard.

Amazing detail in contstruction with the fretboard being lined with a sliver of maple with fret markers

Price is a firm £950,

OR Trade for a quality five string fretted ( what have you got) plus cash if needed.

Can't seem to upload any pics , please pm me with your email address and I can send some.
See two pics of bass on page 43 of this thread

Edited by patch006

Warwick Streamer LX5 2004 for trade - fancy a change,

...traded this a few years back from Josh - it's been fitted with an East pre-amp (it's capable of one extreme to the other), and has had a new genuine Warwick jack socket installed (and will also come with a new genuine just-a-nut...).

...no panic quite happy to keep this otherwise, but in all honesty i'm gassing for a Stingray 5, so mainly looking for SR5 or a Jazz type 5 - anyone ?!!!

PM me for anymore info or pics etc. Ta.

[quote name='gareth' post='1319856' date='Jul 28 2011, 10:43 PM']a\nyone looking for a lefty stingray 5 in sunburst with EBMM moulded case?[/quote]

Would you be interested in any trades !!???

[quote name='wildus' post='1324728' date='Aug 2 2011, 07:32 PM']Hi, Here is a lefty 5 string steinberger spirit xt-25
With gig bag
bass is in great shape fitted with trace elliot strings
£200 plus P&P :)

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/p1070665.jpg/"][/url][/quote]
What's the string spacing at the bridge end? Are you up for a trade or just cash? :)

[quote name='Leftbass' post='1326321' date='Aug 3 2011, 11:53 PM']What's the string spacing at the bridge end? Are you up for a trade or just cash? :)[/quote]
Hi Leftybass, the bass is 16.5mm string spacing
Would like cash for the bass but what do you have for trade
Cheers

Just realised my last post may have come across a little sarcastic. Not meant that way at all as I did have so PM's and interest.
Would love it to have stayed in the UK but unfortunately not many people know these basses over here.
Soon be time for an Avatar change!

For sale £375

Lefthanded 5 string headless

Custom made by a german luthier called Magnus Kempel
35'' scale
Body wings bubinga and ouangkol, neck is 7 peice of mapel wenge bubinga and walnut
Rosewood fret board
Two Bartollini humbuckers
3 band eq
Piezo under the bridge

The truss rod in maxed with a bend in the neck and the truss rod nut has been messed with
With a little tlc this would make a lovely bass hence price

Its the bass in my avatar, cant seem to up load any pics on to this post. pm me for more pics!

Edited by patch006

FS: Sadowsky NYC 5-string

Here's your chance to own a Sadowsky at a reasonable price without the wait (which is about 8-10 months at the moment). Not only you would have to wait, but when you would buy it new, you would also have to pay $4825, without shipping (around $250 to Europe) and customs fees that is. So grab your chance to own a stellar left-handed bass! It has a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, which they no longer sell to customers outside the US!!!

Specs:

Body: chambered swamp ash - quilted maple top
Color: blue burst
Neck: maple
Nut width: 1-3/4"
Fingerboard: BRAZILIAN (!) rosewood
Radius: 12"
String spacing: 18mm (possible to convert to 19mm if you buy a 19mm bridge from Sadowsky)
Electronics: Nordstrand Big Singles - vol-vol-act/pas (push pull) & vtc-stacked EQ
Weight: ca. 3,5 kg / 8 lbs

Ultralite tuning machines
Black hardware
Schaller straplocks preinstalled
Abalone dot inlays
Signed by Roger Sadowsky
Sadowsky ultralite case
I'll restring it with fresh Sadowsky strings as well

Soundclips on request.

Nearly as new. Feel free to send me a mail if you have questions!
Price: I'm looking to get 3000 euro for it, but in this price, shipping is included. However, bidding is allowed, but those who know Sadowsky basses know they don't have to bid nonsense.

Edited by Musicfreak1988

My US Jazz Deluxe from posts 851 and 854 is still available.
Looking for £750 but open to reasonable offers if within the UK.
I've loved playing this bass on and off for the past couple of years, but my J5 now covers jazz tone duties so this has to go.

Afternoon,

I've been clearing out some pedals and smaller stuff and, having expanded my collection with Wildus' awesome Streamer I'm contemplating selling a guitar. Maybe. :)

If any of these appeal then please get in touch.

Fender Jazz Mexican 4-string. [b]£300 ONO.[/b] In deep red with white pickguard. Nice action and very hot pickups. I almost prefer it to...
Fender Jazz Deluxe (US) 4-string. [b]£750. [/b] Montego Black with gold pickguard. Again, lovely action and pretty much perfect condition. Complete with Fender hardcase and all the gubbins. Worth pointing out that the Deluxe Jazz's are smaller body and neck and so are lighter and suit smaller peeps.
Warwick Thumb 5 string. [b]£1100.[/b] Immaculate and very underused. I have a Pelican case to match it which is almost more amazing than the bass itself.

I'm in Maidenhead for anyone that wants to come try one, and plan on attending the SE bass bash in September too.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by coasterbass