hiram.k.hackenbacker

SOLD - Status Series 3 (Graphite Neck Through) 4 String Headed
£2195
Wickford, Essex, England

I've been very lucky in being able to own many incredible basses in my life, but there are still a few that have eluded me for various reasons.

Partly inspired by @AndyTravis's thread regarding his dream bass, I've decided that life is indeed too short and I'm going after the some of the few that I really want before I croak it.

For sale, a mint condition Status Series 3. No trades as that would defeat the object of selling it in the first place.

The spec on this is as follows:

• Through neck
  • Headed
  • 4 String
  • Completed December 2016
  • Fretted
  • Woven carbon graphite neck
  • Black phenolic fingerboard
  • 34" scale
  • Standard string spacing (which equates to 19mm)
  • Kevasingo Pomelle top wood
  • Utile back wood
  • Maple Faux binding
  • High gloss polyester finish
  • 2 x soap-bar pick-ups
  • Status 303 circuit board
  • Gold hardware
  • Gold straplocks
  • Single ball end Status Graphite Hex Core 'Hotwire' strings (40-60-80-100)
  • Comes with Status moulded hard case and papers shown
  • The weight of this bass is 9.48lbs

This is a cracking bass that has hardly been touched, let alone rehearsed with and certainly not gigged.

The pictures taken from the side show that there are no scratches south of the G string which is common for high gloss finish basses. It really is a peach.

If you wanted Rob to build you one now it would be just north of £2,900, plus a fairly long wait.

Shipping: I'm happy to ship this bass to any UK address for cost via Basschat's affiliate EUROSENDER

IMG_8401.JPG

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker
Shipping added.
  • Like 12

Awwwww H, that’s lovely! Love the finish and gold hardware and that’s one of the bases that inspired me to get mine. So what’s the few you are going after? 

These basses are fantastic people! 

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 1

Oh god I feel rotten for inspiring you to get shot of something so evidently special.

I can only assume you’re going looking for Jamerson’s funk machine or the Bass of doom or something 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Awwwww H, that’s lovely! Love the finish and gold hardware and that’s one of the bases that inspired me to get mine. So what’s the few you are going after? 

These basses are fantastic people! 

Don't feel too sorry for me. I've still have the 5'er and that is an absolute beast.

Total 80's Auto 3.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh god I feel rotten for inspiring you to get shot of something so evidently special.

I can only assume you’re going looking for Jamerson’s funk machine or the Bass of doom or something 

Please don't feel bad. It was a bit of a wake up call really. I have a few basses that I'm not really using and they could easily be put towards one that I would.

Bizarrely, after our series of messages, I've come out the other side of the vintage Fender phase I was going through.

Any of these would do, but I would rather not have to go to South Korea to get it 😀

Screenshot 2019-09-25 at 20.27.42.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bassfan said:

😂 if that had lights I may well be on my way down the A12 now. 

It just so happens I'm driving up the A12 towards yours tomorrow. I'll get my drill out. No extra charge 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, big rob said:

Any trades? 

I'm not looking for trades rob (as per line 3 of the OP), but I think it would be rude of me not to ask what you are offering. PM me with details if you like.

19 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Don't feel too sorry for me. I've still have the 5'er and that is an absolute beast.

Total 80's Auto 3.jpg

WOW that's a bit of a belter sir. 

What do all the controls do. Its like the Enterprise control desk. :laugh1:

Very nice 

Dave

20 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

WOW that's a bit of a belter sir. 

What do all the controls do. Its like the Enterprise control desk. :laugh1:

Very nice 

Dave

Thanks. Yes, there was a bit of a learning curve. 

You can split the pick-up's and control the EQ of each side. That's what the four smaller control knobs and the two micro switches are for.

The other knobs are the standard bass, treble, pan and volume with a further four way knob for the LED's (side, side + red, green or blue).

It really is effortless to play and it sits just right (on me), mainly I would suggest, because of its headlessness.

IMG_1781.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jings crivvens that is a bit extreme for a bass. Are you qualified to drive that thing. :laugh1:

Probably worth it based on your comments.

Dave

• Like 1

“My bank manager is currently “over the moon“ that’s not headless!”.......

Beautiful Plumage!

Type .....BUMP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/09/2019 at 17:01, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Thanks. Yes, there was a bit of a learning curve. 

You can split the pick-up's and control the EQ of each side. That's what the four smaller control knobs and the two micro switches are for.

The other knobs are the standard bass, treble, pan and volume with a further four way knob for the LED's (side, side + red, green or blue).

It really is effortless to play and it sits just right (on me), mainly I would suggest, because of its headlessness.

IMG_1781.JPG

Those controls are not correct. You have a standard status control. Not the parametric. You don’t have all these additional knobs and switches. Thanks goodness. The paramatrix is far too complicated. 

33 minutes ago, alexgrout_ said:

Those controls are not correct. You have a standard status control. Not the parametric. You don’t have all these additional knobs and switches. Thanks goodness. The paramatrix is far too complicated. 

Morning Alex... the controls are correct @hiram.k.hackenbacker was referring to his 5 string status in the other picture not the S3 for sale. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bassfan said:

Morning Alex... the controls are correct @hiram.k.hackenbacker was referring to his 5 string status in the other picture not the S3 for sale. 

Ok. Apologies. That paramatrix is too much for me. 

• Haha 2