Why become a member? ×

On 22/09/2019 at 22:28, molan said:

I'll just leave this here - only 2 years old.

Manufacturer support - 'I'll send you some glue'. . .70917145_10157176317841418_6914003714189557760_n.jpg.5cdb0e71e29563f519f306fb198d5a2a.jpg

That happened my Two10, the glue doesn't work BTW, in fairness they put their hands up and know this is an issue (I assume they've sorted this problem now). I ended up getting that heavy duty Gorilla tape and just taped around the corners and now its  fine.

Another quality control issue I had was one of the speakers was farting a bit when I received it, again they immediately dispatched a replacement driver and it was easy to replace. 

Its a great cab otherwise. I use its with my Ashdown 30W little bastard, Ashdown 550W Spyder and TE Elf and it works great with all of them, in particular the Little Bastard, its only 30W but the cab is so sensitive it can get pretty loud, loud enough for small gigs. 

I was in the market for a 1 * 10 cab recently and I agonized over getting a One10. in the end I couldn't justify the cost of it and ended  up getting the TE 1*10 cab which is "fine" but I have an inkling that the One10 would have been a better buy.

On 22/09/2019 at 14:18, JGSpector said:

The honest answer is, I’m nobody special. I’m an ordinary bloke who plays bass in some bands, I’m not a signed artist, in a touring band, in a band of any great popularity and I’m certainly not endorsed by anybody.

No mate - you are somebody special, someone who’s overcome the odds to successfully indulge in your passion. You’re a legend mate, a lovely bloke and it’s a pleasure to know you!

• Like 1

My first BF cab was an early Compact which I remember picking up from Alex's shed/workshop in his back garden in the outskirts of Brighton around 2010 ish. It had done the rounds as a demo unit but was in great condition still.

Then came a second Compact, a Midget sometime too, then a super 12. Cabs came and went but the Compact was/is still my favourite. Something about that sound.

Currently no BF in my collection,Captain Covid forced me to realise the value of some of my assets unfortunately.

However a new band is on the horizon... So who knows.

I have lived in a Brighton postcode all my life, so it's a local law to support Alex 😎

Edited by RandomBass
Elaboration
  • Like 3

My first venture into Barefaced Cabs was to order 2 Super Compacts (2015ish I think).  I'd been forced into getting some new gear as I'd joined a very busy function band and after a few months my old ABM300 evo2 had started behaving weirdly.  So I thought as I was gigging regularly 2-3 times every weekend I'd go for a whole new lightweight rig.  Ended up with a Tecamp PUMA 500 and the 2 Super Compacts.  Gigged that for a while but my issue was that the rig was almost too transparent for my ears!  The Tecamp was super clean and the super compacts really do put out whatever is put into them with very little or no colour at all.  Tried an Ashdown ABM1000 instead (swapped for the Tecamp) and that was better for my taste but still not quite right.

So - I found someone (maybe it was on here, I don't remember) who had a two10 and was looking for a Super compact, and did a straight swap.  Sold the other Super compact, then somewhere along the line got the TC RH750 and that's the rig I've used since.  The TC and the two10 really work well together for me. 

• Like 2

I've had my Barefaced Two10 a number of years now and I am very happy with it. I bought it from @chris_b on here in 2017 and it was virtually brand new. I've probably done around 300 - 350 gigs with it now and its still in mint condition with no peeling tolex or broken handles. I can't see me ever changing it to be honest. I also get a lot of compliments on my sound since having it.

• Like 3

I have had mine since late 2017 and easily more preferable for my needs now than my only other bass cabs, mesa boogie powerhouse. I still love the mesa cabs but the weight and difficulty getting deep loud low end on non PA gigs had become an issue. I have recommended BF o a number of bass players. No issues with the coatings on any of my cabs.

Edited by jazzyvee