Why become a member? ×

So who's seeing the New Year in with their band?

Jase

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='367264' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:32 PM']Played there a few weeks ago, nice easy load in through the back door, easy set up area and plenty of room to move. Nice and friendly audience who were up for a dance as well so you should have a good gig. What's the name of your band ??[/quote]

Alison Raven Band. I played there a couple of months ago with a big crowd of people we'd brought along. Was a good gig. Not really bringing anyone tonight - no idea what the locals are like.

I'm out tonight. 1am finish.

Next Christmas & New Year are already confirmed for gigs at the same place as this year. Next New Year is nearly fully booked already.

Really looking forward to it tonight as well. Just listening to my usual pre gig music of Red Hot Chili Peppers DVD 'Off the Map'

Happy New everyone. just watching Jools now. His Bass player is rock steady. so rock steady i would check for a pulse. i like a bit of movement now and then. is it still recorded in November or something?. who decided Annie Lennox should follow Duffy? Lennox is still class.

Edited by beerdragon

Was offered a gig via a keys player & a drummer that's walking distance from my house, 45 minutes set, no money but as much beer as I could drink.

Quite fancied it until I discovered they wanted to play a 45 minute funk swampy jam thing with Cissy Strut as a base. Nothing wrong with the basic song but trying to drag it out for over half an hour on a New Year's eve seemed like signing my own death warrant so I pulled out!

A friend who was going to play guitar went along for a tentative rehearsal & said it was awful & pulled out as well - this is a man who will walk several miles for a free beer so God knows how bad they were. . .

[quote name='ARGH' post='367492' date='Dec 31 2008, 11:51 PM']Yeah,I prefer Biltong... And there is one woman making REALLY good Biltong near Ripon,quite expensive mind...tastes great.[/quote]

I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to hot, spicey or chilly.....noooo!

[quote name='Jase' post='367493' date='Dec 31 2008, 11:54 PM']I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to hot, spicey or chilly.....noooo![/quote]
Thats the thing,it isnt 'Hot' per se...you can get mellow,oak smoked type stuff...Im on a bit of a kick getting Polish meats sent to me direct via the immigrants,all vieing for the 'My Dad makes the best' crown....

We were at the Royal Spa Theatre in Bridlington with the Joe Loss Orchestra. It was except most of the patrons were on borrowed time I think. Still, the money was good and I have no qualms being a musical prostitute

The bass player in the JL orchestra had a nice looking rig though, a 7 stringer and a EA amp and cab. not sure whether it sounded any good though cos I couldn't hear it